Tropical Spitfires MK.V - Tamiya + Sword 1/72

I present two trop Spitfires from 318 City of Gdansk Squadron (Fighter-Reco) Polish Air Force in Italy 1944. Planes have a mix of Mediterranean camouflage. Unit was formed in Palestine and equipped with Hurricane, before the unit was send to Italy, changed Hurricane against Spitfire MK.V.
1. Personally plane of CO of 318 Squadron Wing Commander Leszek Wielichowski was built as one MK.Vc but after an accident on Malta was equipped with wings from LF MK.Vb. Kit from Tamiya, used resin exhaust from Eduard for Spitfire MK.IX, Quickboost propeller and cannon barrels from Master
IMG-9255.jpg
IMG-9256.jpg
IMG-9257.jpg
IMG-9258.jpg
2.One other Spitfire from this unit. Kit Sword wit Aboukir filter and exhaust from Tamiya kit, cannon barrels from Master, Quickboost propeller.
IMG-9260.jpg
IMG-9261.jpg
IMG-9262.jpg
IMG-9263.jpg

Edited by hadzi
  • Like 29

Beautiful, pristine Spitfires!

IMHO, they could all have benefitted from having their elevators droop a bit, as virtually always seen on a parked Spit. Would've added a bit of 'life' to the models, I think.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

They look brilliant!

I especially like the Vb because I rather like how the Vokes filter changes the lines of the average Spit'.

Your finishing is so clean and precise - I am envious of the skill!

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1