What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

true :(. Last week, I was following Kuwaiti Herc on Adsb heading to Brize (as I thought) and over the South East she descended and landed at Gatwick, flying right past my house ;)

• Like 1

So checked to see if “FIFI” was still there and she was. So this evening I hopped in the car and drove the 1.5 miles over to the airport. Sadly I cant get any closer than the fence line as the security there is good. It turns out the Catalina I spotted a while back might be based here now ? It keeps returning and is never gone for more than a few hours. Too bad its raining and overcast but Here are a few shots. IUnv40x.jpg

rzgBPym.jpg

rkw785v.jpg

HTGJwrA.jpg

ICOLMXF.jpg

3zkIc3E.jpg

So Im going to tag @Cookenbacher, @72modeler, @Procopius, @John Laidlaw, @Biggles87, and @keefr22 as you have liked the previous posts.  

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 12

8 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So Im going to tag @Cookenbacher, @72modeler, @Procopius, @John Laidlaw, @Biggles87, and @keefr22 as you have liked the post previous. 

I'm going to keep my eye on FlightRadar24 just in case she flies this way soon. I wonder if she'll be headed for Oshkosh at the end of the month?

• Like 2

A belated report, but I've only just got back!

About an hour ago, I was sitting in the market square enjoying my habitual lunch outside the Trattoria in the middle of town, when I heard a plane approaching. Hang on, I thought to myself, that's a Merlin engine. Then a P-51 (bubble canopy, D model?) flew overhead, heading north.

I wonder what that was about? Warbirds and other exotica usually fly to or from Speyer, which is west of here.

Hah! My powers of observation did not fail me. I just looked this up on Flightradar24.  P-51D N51ZW, heading to Egelsbach (between Frankfurt and Darmstadt).

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So checked to see if “FIFI” was still there and she was. So this evening I hopped in the car and drove the 1.5 miles over to the airport. Sadly I cant get any closer than the fence line as the security there is good. It turns out the Catalina I spotted a while back might be based here now ? It keeps returning and is never gone for more than a few hours. Too bad its raining and overcast but Here are a few shots. IUnv40x.jpg

rzgBPym.jpg

rkw785v.jpg

HTGJwrA.jpg

ICOLMXF.jpg

3zkIc3E.jpg

So Im going to tag @Cookenbacher, @72modeler, @Procopius, @John Laidlaw, @Biggles87, and @keefr22 as you have liked the previous posts.  

Dennis

This just in everyone, if you're local in the midwest “FIFI” and other warbirds will be open for tours starting Wednesday the 14th. Flights will be available as well over the weekend. Im going to try to get in and get more photo’s so stay tuned to this Bat-Channel kids !  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Good luck. You'll be able to remember what a proper Herc sounds like ;). She's too far for me. I think she is heading to SNN

Nope, clouds moved in, could just hear the rumble of the allisons.....did spot far less interesting Omni Air 777 overhead. Still cheers for the heads up.  Sure its heading to MHZ?  Over Uxbridge and heading slightly south 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Late this morning at Newark, A C-130 at low level heading North following the A1.

Around noon and close to RAF Waddington, The BBMF C-47, came over the yard at work at around 400 feet.

• Like 1

Just had a lovely Spitfire fly over my place and do a mini display at Lydd Airport. Looked to be in US makings from what I could see with orange Day-Glo wingtip and spinner.  Bloody marvellous. 

Chris

Edit

My son has located the airfame and it is G,-PBIX, A MK XVI LFE coded WZ-RR.

Wicked.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Looks like you have a great place to live!! 

Keith

Ohare is 30 miles North-east, midway is 17 miles east and I have 5 small airports within 7 miles of me. The closest is Louis university which is an auxiliary for the two major airports, and where all these planes are. 

• Like 1