What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

ZZ178 spent almost three hours flying circuits in the Wadebridge / Bodmin area on Thursday. 

Flying very slowly at 8000ft with slats / flaps and rear ramp down, I lost count of the number of times it flew over the house. Must have been around 15. 

52250780326_8ce6bddd7a_c.jpg

• Like 5

A few days ago, a three ship of Mi-35 Hinds flew over my neighbourhood. I sadly wasn't quick enough with my camera to catch them.

They were on their way to the centre of the city to overfly the graduation parade of the Czech military university.

• Like 3

Bit late reporting but two Chinooks went over St.Ives on Thursday afternoon (28th July)

IanJ

On 7/26/2022 at 8:12 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

I heard and saw a Kc-130r though FR said it was USN 

Stu, FAC995, a C-130H, now over Dijon and heading to Waddington so should go OTT you

• Like 1

Just had Junglie ZJ125 thunder over, circled Basingstoke and then did a few loops around Aldershot. Hell of a sound and rare around these parts. If anyone can explain what they were up to and why the gear was down that would be much appreciated

Will

Early this afternoon, a Wildcat (too far to determine if Army or Navy) with a civvie livery helo (unknown type) in close trail formation.... Civvie helo might have been one used by the Hereford mob..?

Keith

On my holibops in a cottage in Dorset. This afternoon I heard a rumbling something. Moments later PA474 flies over at about 400’ in what I can only describe as a ‘stately progression’.

Highlight of my day 👍

Trevor

• Like 2

p?i=57e8999b9ae18ae44fcd40e452dbc682

A fairly regular visitor making stately progress departing from Gatwick but today I had the camera...

John

• Like 2

This morning had a US registered  Aero Commander, N980AE flying a pattern of straight lines over the Leeds area at about 4,000 feet. It is currently on the ground at LBA. Not seen an Aero Commander for ages. 

About ten minutes ago a Kentucky ANG C130H, 91-1238 according to FR24 was over from Ramstein heading North West (Prestwick?). 

Just now a Hawk T.1 in 'Red Arrows' markings has done two approaches into LBA. 

Last week we had two Chinooks over on the approach into LBA

• Like 2

On Saturday we were outside having lunch and heard something very interesting approaching;

it was the Lancaster at 137 metres altitude ( according to FR24) and only a couple of hundred metres East of the house!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Paul Alan Bardell said:

Today at 15.00 approx.

C17 heading north over Leicester.

I was driving so cannot be 100% sure, any one confirm if I am correct?

:poppy:

You are correct, it went into East Midlands.

Took off in the evening and came over my way.

spacer.png

ZZ178, theres been a C-17 out of East Midlands around the same time for the past two days at least.

🇺🇦

• Like 2

Spitfire T.9 toodled over my place earlier today. G-LFIX from Sywell and heading back there  by the look of it having come along the south coast near Eastbourne( not my locale but further inland in Sussex).

• Like 1