What’s flying over your house #3

Pair of USMC MV-22B Osprey over Montrose straight and level at a couple of thousand feet around 1645 heading out to sea.     Very tight formation and another first sighting for me but surprised at how quiet they were from what I have read about them  , had heard some engine noise but expected that the source was much further away rather than directly overhead , maybe they are noisier in the hover or maneuvering .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Des said:

Pair of USMC MV-22B Osprey over Montrose straight and level at a couple of thousand feet around 1645 heading out to sea.     Very tight formation and another first sighting for me but surprised at how quiet they were from what I have read about them  , had heard some engine noise but expected that the source was much further away rather than directly overhead , maybe they are noisier in the hover or maneuvering .

Off the USS Iwo Jima apparently. They flew over Edzell just before that time. They were at RM Condor along with a Super Sea Stallion which was practicing lifting artillery. Hunter Photography Studio & Gallery on Facebook has lots of photos taken inside Condor.

My first ever MV-22s :)

Duncan B

• Like 1