What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

14 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Also a ruby tiger moth (the wee creature, not a red aeroplane) which I found on the footpath and moved to a safer place. Apparently bang-on for their flight period in this area.

Very nice. They are quite little things aren’t they. I will have to brush off the traps and get them going very soon :) 

• Like 1

I Standing in the middle of one of our fields at 1050 holding a horse ( long story ) an Air France Airbus appeared over the trees to the south heading NE at about 5-6000ft possibly going to Chateauroux for some training.

At 1545 a loose pair of Mirage 2000s passed just south of us heading east. Perhaps the A de l’A has found some more pocket, I haven’t seen a pair of anything for some time, when we arrived here  17 years ago it was not uncommon to see Jaguar 4 ship formation.

• Like 2

.....Spitfire after Spitfire!  One in particular -could be Aerolegends- comes along the top of the cliffs and then pulls up and over the memorial in a roll and climbs back inland. Always makes the hairs stand up..  Looks like the season for flying over the BoB Memorial and along the white cliffs is well and truly underway...

• Like 3

..and a Hurricane stooging about very sedately over the cliff tops, flew a few circuits around the BoB memorial and came right over the garden. Marvelous sight and sound, so early in the year. Really looking forward to the Headcorn show! No idea where the nearest Hurricane to me is based but I don't think its there

• Like 2

We have just got back from an epic walk around the village, as the weather was glorious. Honestly, it felt like summer today. The skies were busy with light aircraft. though there was a Spitfire, Cessna 140 and an Auster way off in the distance. We decided to count the butterflies along the way, with an attempt not to count any twice. The final tally was 103. I would have been happy with twenty! I can't remember the last time I saw so many.

• Like 3

Off to the East towards Garforth and heading towards Leeds, Puma XW231. First time one around here for a while. Now the Hawks from Leeming and the Tucanos have gone, a lot less military stuff coming to Leeds apart from transports and the odd Pheonm. Nice to see, but the odd fast jet and trainer was a nice treat. 

• Like 1

....a seagull.

It dive-bombed a living room window.

Do they still use guano to make powder? If that is so then I'm going to be rich!

Cheers, Moggy (guano cleaner society aspirant)

• Haha 2

Just had a USN Herc  165316 callsign CNV6716 REyk to Sigonella, Caught sight of it by sound of whirry turbo props and trailing above the build up of this evenings hazy sky.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paul J said:

Just had a USN Herc  165316 callsign CNV6716 REyk to Sigonella, Caught sight of it by sound of whirry turbo props and trailing above the build up of this evenings hazy sky.

Did you see the Italian Herc just before it too, Paul?