What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

4 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

A "convoy" (is it  a convoy with a massive gap between each?) of 5 US Army Chinooks 

They are currently in Liege being refuelled

• Like 1

I'm currently on holiday at Weymouth in Dorset, and this afternoon, I watched a Merlin helicopter flying over a few times looking like it was lost! 

• Like 3

Currently baking in Arezzo, Tuscany. Two Italian EH-101s flew in formation over our villa earlier today and there have been quite a few AB-212/412s around in the distance too.  

• Like 2

Today I had AC-130J 16-5835 overhead and in the clear blue sky, albeit slightly to the west, tracking south from Mildenhall and heading to the SPT waypoint off of Brighton. She had been in the U.K. since arriving on Thursday night for repair, having suffered a cracked windscreen. As a consequence she was ferried down from Iceland to Mildenhall at FL080!

• Like 3

On 7/11/2023 at 7:33 PM, Ratch said:

On Saturday we had a Spitfire and Bf109 fly over while I was bowling.

It's a pity they didn't suddenly decide to engage each other. Great to watch. 

I once was a sole spectator as a kid as two Great War biplanes engaged in a furious low level battle over a field near my home. No, I'm not THAT old but it was in the sixties. So yes old enough.

They were obviously part of the one of the three WW1 movies that were  filmed nearby at the time.

Amazing sight.

• Like 1

13.15 ish on 21/7/23  Clear blue sunny sky and a (the!) Lancaster flying over the house near Earlston Scottish Borders headed North.  Low and very atmospheric.  My wife and neighbour got most excited and especially so after I told them what they were looking at

Quo vadis and why I wonder??

Edit - I see from a web search that it is the Peterhead week and an RAF display is featured today so probably that.  Hopefully it will come home the same way and I can get another look !

Airbus Helicopters EC-145 G-RESU.

It's an air ambulance and it seems to be circling looking for a landing area.   I'm a little concerned about how often this aircraft flies over my house.

Edit:  it landed on the local high school playing field.  It has now taken off, twenty-five minutes later.

BBMF Avro Lancaster PA474 just did three low-level circuits of an event being held at Montrose Airfield Museum on its way to display at Peterhead (approach was displaced about 100 yards east of the familial roof tiles) but forewarned I and many others stood ourselves on the public playing fields in the centre of its circuit  . . . . . lovely sight and sound AND the rain blowing through stopped just before and restarted just after its appearance.      Was supposed to do a rerun along with other Flight aircraft on the way south tomorrow after displaying at RAF Lossiemouth's Families Day but they have already been cancelled because of weather.

p?i=9d7976962247c4322bfb6efa7885221a

p?i=716d9df6a471f3a2b252259f860c24b3

p?i=304aaac8f8368bb26690fd0afde7a64b

Sadly what I had not considered was the return flight south after displaying at Peterhead when about an hour later the approaching Merlin grumble alerted me to get out of the door just in time to see but not raise my camera to a much more spirited and lower level pass along the Montrose beachfront.

• Like 1

On 21/07/2023 at 18:12, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Airbus Helicopters EC-145 G-RESU.

It's an air ambulance and it seems to be circling looking for a landing area.   I'm a little concerned about how often this aircraft flies over my house.

Edit:  it landed on the local high school playing field.  It has now taken off, twenty-five minutes later.

It's back!  Directly over my house once again.