What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

2 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I saw the tanker whilst I was out with the dogs didn’t twig it had company :) 

The two Rafales came a bit later. THey are two from Mont de Marsan and are playing with Typhoons over the North Sea :)

Atlas ZM407 doing an approach into Leeds Bradford. Looking at Flightradar it us taking advantage of the very light wind to use both approaches into the airport. Nice as not anything much military for a while

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2021 at 5:35 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

I just saw the Presidential-style liveried RAF Voyager.  Presumably inbound for Brize.

Could see the red flashes on the fuselage, and refuelling pods under the wings.

Seen at 14:58 today.  Steep turn, then levelled out virtually overhead - towards Brize.

Voyager1.jpg

• Like 2

Living near to the Rolls Royce engine plant in Bristol, we used to see a few nice sights, Spitfires fairly regularly, the bbmf Lancaster on occasion, even the last Vulcan flew in once. Sadly they've now closed Filton airfield to build houses on, so whatever they were doing on the aircraft, they do it somewhere else now ☹️. Having group next to RAF bases, I'm envious of the sightings being reported here.

From our village Facebook page.there are many posts from last night 21:00 ish about a heavy helicopter overflying the village at 40ft (sic) I heard it but could not see it. A couple of people said it was a Chinnock. This is in north Essex. Could not see anything on flight trackers.

Edit now found two Apache's in the area at that time.

42 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

From our village Facebook page.there are many posts from last night 21:00 ish about a heavy helicopter overflying the village at 40ft (sic) I heard it but could not see it. A couple of people said it was a Chinnock. This is in north Essex. Could not see anything on flight trackers.

Edit now found two Apache's in the area at that time.

Likely to be an Apache.   If it was a Chinook at "40ft", it would have left a trail of devastation all across north Essex.  :)

• Haha 2

A couple of days ago spending a day at Lake Roto-iti with my niece & her young who were staying at our family bach there, a RNZAF NH90, flying pretty low, the pretty wee things in their  minimalist bikinis would have had nothing to do with that I'm sure. Shortly thereafter at a far better altitude, a couple of the RNZAFs Texan IIs in echelon. It was a beaut day up there, I was swimming so no chance of grabbing phone for a snap but they made a good show.  I would have been just to the right of the jetty in the linked photo. :)

Steve. 

• Like 2

Today, I had three Dutch (ex Tucson) F-16As over the house flying Lands End to Dover, flying as “BONZO” flight. They were the last three from the training squadron in Arizona that have returned to Europe. They went direct to Gosselies for maintenance. They had been dragged across the Pond by KC-135 58-0011 which flew on to Mildenhall.

Martin

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Had a Canadian Herc fly over earlier, also got temporarily excited as ADSB showed an F/a-18 but it turned out to be another herc with the wrong picture and it was going the wrong direction anyway 

I think that one came out of Lydd