What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Tornado, Dennis? I guess it was a Mis-type ;)

Yup you got it in one, Typhoon, the name of one of my favourite aircraft, though not the one with the jet engine.

Cheers

Dennis

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

A good day for ol school hercs, third I've noticed US H went over just now edit: 4 now, can’t see anymore coming in on flightradar

I seee you had two OTT

We had three aircraft (or the same one doing circuits) over Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire this morning about 00.30 - 00.50. It sounded like a heavy aircraft, a jet, and was pretty low. There was about 5 -10 minutes between each one.

I am not sure what website to check out and see what it (they) might have been.

Ray

Intrigued to see that an Emirates 777 from Dubai to Glasgow has just flown North of Aberdeen at 30,000ft, done a 60 degree left and is now descending rapidly Southwards to Glasgow. Most unusual routeing - I wonder whether is a Purple in place for the flight from Aberdeen of Charles and Camilla.

John B

12 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Another couple of circuits, and lowered its undercarriage.

B-52.jpg

That would be Spicy 52 that is burning fuel down to a landing weight as mission has aborted. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

It's still going around up there - every few minutes.

Still too heavy for landing weight but is concerned that they would like to get back in before the rain and consequent wet runway

...About half an hour ago - a certain RAF Globemaster ZZ177 - carrying a very special lady...

I was watching on Flightradar24 & she was heading due south when just north of Manchester she altered course to fly more or less directly over "town".  From up here on the hills to the east of Manchester Madame X & I got a really good view as the cloud cover was very high.

God Bless you Ma'am & God Save The King 

Big X

• Like 5

On 9/18/2022 at 1:32 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Just missed that, but did hear three (and saw one) US super hercs while I was out dog walking 

Yes, they were three Texas ANG machines on their way home. They ventured this way too :)

• Like 1

2242 BST Thursday 22 August.

Lockheed MC-130J 12-5759.

Flightradar 24 says 2200ft atitude at 228 kts.  However it sounded lower and faster than that.   Having got over Ely and turned south, it's already past Mildenhall.  It is not hanging around!!!