What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

Just had Junglie ZJ125 thunder over, circled Basingstoke and then did a few loops around Aldershot. Hell of a sound and rare around these parts. If anyone can explain what they were up to and why the gear was down that would be much appreciated

Will

Early this afternoon, a Wildcat (too far to determine if Army or Navy) with a civvie livery helo (unknown type) in close trail formation.... Civvie helo might have been one used by the Hereford mob..?

Keith

On my holibops in a cottage in Dorset. This afternoon I heard a rumbling something. Moments later PA474 flies over at about 400’ in what I can only describe as a ‘stately progression’.

Highlight of my day 👍

Trevor

• Like 2

This morning had a US registered  Aero Commander, N980AE flying a pattern of straight lines over the Leeds area at about 4,000 feet. It is currently on the ground at LBA. Not seen an Aero Commander for ages. 

About ten minutes ago a Kentucky ANG C130H, 91-1238 according to FR24 was over from Ramstein heading North West (Prestwick?). 

Just now a Hawk T.1 in 'Red Arrows' markings has done two approaches into LBA. 

Last week we had two Chinooks over on the approach into LBA

• Like 2

On Saturday we were outside having lunch and heard something very interesting approaching;

it was the Lancaster at 137 metres altitude ( according to FR24) and only a couple of hundred metres East of the house!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Paul Alan Bardell said:

Today at 15.00 approx.

C17 heading north over Leicester.

I was driving so cannot be 100% sure, any one confirm if I am correct?

:poppy:

You are correct, it went into East Midlands.

Took off in the evening and came over my way.

spacer.png

ZZ178, theres been a C-17 out of East Midlands around the same time for the past two days at least.

🇺🇦

• Like 2

Spitfire T.9 toodled over my place earlier today. G-LFIX from Sywell and heading back there  by the look of it having come along the south coast near Eastbourne( not my locale but further inland in Sussex).

• Like 1

A good 24 hours for me. Last night about 9 an RAF Herc went over followed 5 minutes later by an Atlas. 2.10 on the dot this afternoon, Red Arrows right over the house with a slight formation change over the garden and a Crowsnest Merlin this afternoon.

(Great Oakley on the southern edge of Corby)

Not over my house but over my head.. Been at Yorkshire Wartime Experience today near Birkenshaw and the BoB Lancaster did a few circuits low and loud! The sound of the Merlins give me goose bumps! Spit and Hurri are due to fly over tomorrow so every chance i might get to see them fly over my garden 👍

Regards 

Steve

• Like 1

A rare sighting of something different over my house from the usual Ryanair and Easy Jet hardware in and out of Bristol. What appeared to be a SE5A replica, and what I think may have been a Hawker Fury replica heading east together in formation. Nice to see something unusual for once.

• Like 1

Just heard the sound of a fast jet, out to the garden pronto! Could hear it out to sea (we're just along from Bognor, about 1/2 mile from the sea but with houses in between. Then heard more jet noise but couldn't see anything. A look on ADS-B Exchabge showed an F-15E Dark21 with two smaller non identified aircraft, callsigns Dark23 and 24. All headed east a mile or so off the coast at 900ft. Check shortly after and the F-15  disappeared from ADS-B exchange, Dark23 and 24 continued round the coast and currently showing heading west towards Maidstne. F-15 showing agsin!

Typical though, a fast jet down here and it's too low to see!

Jim

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just heard the sound of a fast jet, out to the garden pronto! Could hear it out to sea (we're just along from Bognor, about 1/2 mile from the sea but with houses in between. Then heard more jet noise but couldn't see anything. A look on ADS-B Exchabge showed an F-15E Dark21 with two smaller non identified aircraft, callsigns Dark23 and 24. All headed east a mile or so off the coast at 900ft. Check shortly after and the F-15  disappeared from ADS-B exchange, Dark23 and 24 continued round the coast and currently showing heading west towards Maidstne. F-15 showing agsin!

Typical though, a fast jet down here and it's too low to see!

Jim

On there way back to LN, after lapping the kent downs  https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae178d

Edited by PhantomBigStu