What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

Couple of MC-130Js over here, just south of Sedbergh, about 2325, descending from 5000 ft and heading into the Lakes at the head of Windermere. Saw them, or another pair doing the same, in the twilight a couple of days ago around 2145, but it’s dark and dreary here tonight…

best,

M.

A single Spitfire heading SW about 7pm last night. Not something we see in these parts very often. Earlier in the day there were several fly pasts over the site of the former RAF Montrose and some other locations up the NE coast of Scotland so possibly from those?

Duncan B

• Like 1

About 1130 - 1200 this morning 2 fast jets went over us just south of Clovelly.

Plenty of noise, but didn't get out fast enough so just got a glimpse of what looked like twin tail on one.

2 hours ago, gazza l said:

Just managed to get the camera out and dusted down in time.

Nice shot!! 👍

Not sure but might have seen that one earlier as we had a USMC Herc go over here heading east.

Keith

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 5:23 PM, gazza l said:

A USMC Herc over the garden this afternoon on finals into Cambridge airport (UK), for maintenance no doubt.

Just managed to get the camera out and dusted down in time.

DSC_1497 (2)

And SUMO60 is also due in to Cambridge on Monday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ZZ178 spent almost three hours flying circuits in the Wadebridge / Bodmin area on Thursday. 

Flying very slowly at 8000ft with slats / flaps and rear ramp down, I lost count of the number of times it flew over the house. Must have been around 15. 

52250780326_8ce6bddd7a_c.jpg

• Like 5

A few days ago, a three ship of Mi-35 Hinds flew over my neighbourhood. I sadly wasn't quick enough with my camera to catch them.

They were on their way to the centre of the city to overfly the graduation parade of the Czech military university.

• Like 3

On 7/26/2022 at 8:12 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

I heard and saw a Kc-130r though FR said it was USN 

Stu, FAC995, a C-130H, now over Dijon and heading to Waddington so should go OTT you

• Like 1