What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

11 hours ago, keefr22 said:

KIng 68 with King 69 in trail just went over - 2 x HC130J Combat KIng II's. Unfortunately really cloudy so could only hear them

Very nice, mate. The HC-s have always caught my attention. I think my interest in HC-130s was piqued by a Vietnam era shot of one in a 1970s Air PIctorial refuelling a couple of HH-3s. It looked so purposeful. :) 

Martin

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

Ah, that brings back memories, one of my favourite mags!

Keith

:) and I have them from around the early 1950s :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RidgeRunner said:

:) and I have them from around the early 1950s :)

Beat me - mine were mid 60's - unfortunately they all went for recycling recently together with my other favourites Flying Review International and Aircraft Illustrated, didn't have room to keep them anymore wih a planned future 'downsizing'.....

Keith

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Beat me - mine were mid 60's - unfortunately they all went for recycling recently together with my other favourites Flying Review International and Aircraft Illustrated, didn't have room to keep them anymore wih a planned future 'downsizing'.....

Keith

oh no!!!! :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Rnzaf herc just flew over wasn’t surprised it was herc given the sound but it being a Kiwi was a surprise 

Is been at Brize for a while now, Stu. It operates to and from Europe on support sorties for the NATO efforts in Poland etc. Its always nice to hear a proper Herc! :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Is been at Brize for a while now, Stu. It operates to and from Europe on support sorties for the NATO efforts in Poland etc. Its always nice to hear a proper Herc! :)

Yes, and as I type a proper yank herc is going over, unmistakable sound edit and friend follower a bit later and I can see the blue Dubai expo a380 in a holding pattern in the distance 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

53 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Yes, and as I type a proper yank herc is going over, unmistakable sound edit and friend follower a bit later and I can see the blue Dubai expo a380 in a holding pattern in the distance 

Yep - two proper US Hercs! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Just mooching about ADS-B and there's three in trail just gone feet wet over Southport.

Keith

There are, mate. Three different ones in trail. :) Its great to see them over here, despite some having hairdryer powerplants ;)

There are a lot of them around Europe ;) https://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=219770

Martin

11 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

And I always miss the interesting stuff in my 'local' international airport! 🤣

There was a few through Cardiff recently :) 

• Like 1

My wife and I were at Great Dixter garden yesterday and, while having our lunch, the tell tale whistle of a Mustang went overhead. It was G-CMDK flying out of Biggin Hill on a jolly :)

Martin

• Like 3

A Tiger Moth pootled over a little while back. Did a couple of circuits and off it went so no chance to get a pic. Sounded like it was powered by a 2 stroke petrol mower engine! 😀

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1