What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

On 3/24/2022 at 8:06 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

Then this pair - can anybody identify?  Quite high and fast.  The camera caught more detail than I could actually see at the time.

100-9612.jpg

Which looks like this Grob 120TP Prefect T1, seen as I cycled to Staverton this afternoon

5 bladed prop, I bet that goes! 

100-0409.jpg

And this oldie but goodie.

100-0414.jpg

Then saw a Herc twice this morning.

This afternoon, a low jet, sounding unlike the usual Voyagers, C-17s, Atlas and other transports that frequent my area of sky.

A U-2 descended out of the overcast, proceeding towards Fairford.  

• Like 2

Not really flying at the moment but it is something that does fly. I just now spent 10 minutes watching this smallish Hawk/Falcon have his dinner. Feel kind of honored in a way as it was just me and him sharing an intimate moment. SWMBO detests these things as it is beyond her ability to stomach. WCOTVGx.jpg

Zv4Jnj0.jpg

IMyykwR.jpg

Dennis

• Like 6

Early this morning between 01.45 and 02.35 approx, about 4, maybe 5, loud jet powered aircraft. Each going through after each other but no gap in engine noise. I think they were at low level but 100% overcast obscured them. Not civie types heading for either of our airports as they are closed down before mid-night and these were very much louder and with one I could feel the vibration in the night air

These may have been more C5 enroute, to the west by my reckoning

We had RNZAF C-130H NZ7003 calling as “KIWI053” over the village this afternoon. She was returning to Brize Norton from Podgorica and Malta. She is based at Brize currently.

Not over my house ;) but significant to say that ten Maryland ANG A-10s arrived at Ramstein today. 

It was also a day of note in that the USAFs last turbojet-powered C-135 61-2667 departed Mildenhall to Japan this morning. 

• Like 2

Over my temporary house here on Lake Garda it has been Tonka Town Italiano today, with multiple Italian Tornados in or out of Ghedi and flying over Lasize and Sermione :) 

• Like 3

Having lunch at a garden centre near Nottingham and a Sentry AEW1 (ZH106) has just flown over at about 3,000 feet. A bit of a surprise, but very welcome

2 hours ago, Mr T said:

Having lunch at a garden centre near Nottingham and a Sentry AEW1 (ZH106) has just flown over at about 3,000 feet. A bit of a surprise, but very welcome

I've been seeing them over Brize doing circuits over the past couple of weeks. Consensus seems to be they are the the one's sold to Chile and are working up before they fly the nest for good. The E-3Ds selected by the FACh are registered ZH 101 (c/n 24109/993), ZH 103 (c/n 24111/1004), and ZH 106 (c/n 24114/1011).

Will

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr T said:

Saw her over Beeston

• Like 1

Just had, at 15: 30 hrs approx,  three Royal Navy Merlin right over my house heading east. A pair and  singleton. Pretty low but all in the new light grey scheme. Awesome sight!

Not so exciting but I had Fuerza Aerea Colombiana (Colombian Air Force) 737-800 'FAC001' over the village last evening at FL120 out of Heathrow.