What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

5 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Yep, 5 of them going to Istres for a TLP. Just had two KCs too heading same way.

Explains why they appeared to vanish over Northern France…..anyway not over my house but decided to do a full scan of the country for military traffic and spotted some Hawk activity in North Yorkshire out of Leeming, as a family friend has just moved up around there and indeed my mums having a long weekend helping our wondered if they saw them, just texted me to ask what flew over. 

On 2/11/2022 at 10:33 AM, RidgeRunner said:

For those interested in big Russian prop machines, An-12 UR-11819

Antonov is Ukrainian, not Russian...(or could be ex-Soviet) :) 

21 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Nothing on the radar but think something military has gone over, first I thought it was the Norwegian 737 heading northeast but sound was too loud and sounded more like something going on the other direction 

maybe the remaining four F-15s heading to Albacete, Stu?

• Like 1

TC-135W 62-4127 headed home overhead yesterday as ‘SNOOP28’. She was flying Souda-Mildenhall, taking a quick fuel stop before continuing across the Atlantic. She arrived in Europe on Thursday direct US-Souda.

• Like 1

During a very heavy winter storm a few weeks ago (a Noreaster to those of us in New England), I happened to be looking at Flight Aware to see who was up and flying in these horrible conditions.   The answer was pretty much everyone was grounded except for a very unusual aircraft of the coast of MA - A NASA P-3 (I didn't know NASA even flew these).  It seemed to be doing circuits in the worst of the storm.   I checked an hour later and the P-3 was now over western-MA and had been joined by a NASA U-2 (flying above it at FL600)!   Very interesting combo. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 8:51 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

Had no idea they still had any TF33 engined c-135 left so that was a rare treat. Had a quite a few hercs in the last fortnight and my brain escapes me if it was yesterday or Sunday but a  USAF c-17 came over

She returned to base today squawking 7700 - hydraulic failure while over Berlin. 8 POB and returned safely back to Mildenhall late pm.

• Like 1

2x Typhoons very low over Poole just now.

very unusual place to see them.

Wonder if they have been doing a spot of affiliation with the Tank chaps? 

Day before yesterday, a set of contrails could be seen curving around over our airfield. The contrails continued to draw a series of ovals for several hours while we were testing and flying our Fournier motor glider. Turned out to be one of our AWACS aircraft. Don't know whether doing training for the new owners or being brought back into service as a contingency.  I'm not going to add any more to that...