What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

On 11/3/2021 at 10:13 PM, Whitewolf said:

AC130J flying in the York Area last night.

It may have been an MC- wrongly showing on Mode-S. As far as I know there have been no AC-s over here since the last went home a month ago from the Middle East 

Martin

Something whizzed by just north of us while we were eating lunch, I didn't see it, but SWMBO on the other side of the table saw it through the kitchen window. When I asked her to describe it she said it was dark and triangle shaped, I wonder what it could have been?  🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

It may have been an MC- wrongly showing on Mode-S. As far as I know there have been no AC-s over here since the last went home a month ago from the Middle East 

Martin

Possibly, but we had 3 x MC130s in the area heading in the opposite direction towards their usual low level training haunts in the Moors. This aircraft was on its own and came up as AC130. This was shortly after Biden had departed....

Exciting low level flyby just to the north of my base. RAF C130, ZH867 calling Ascot 143. Tracked it on fr24 and it showed it doing  a low pass down the runway at Dunsfold not far from me and then continuing  its way back to Brize.

What a treat! My first afternoon in Lanzarote where I will be for a week,  I get a pair of Hornets(EF18 to be true) making a run and break for a landing at the airport.  I don't suppose  I'll  get a chance to get a pic as I am about 3/4 of an hour walk away from the airport.

• Like 1

Monday saw a couple of C-5Ms overfly us here in the South East, heading West. Here is one, from the 436th Airlift Wing, that crossed us at FL380. They, like many C-17s and C-130s departed Ramstein earlierin the day. There has been anincrease in RCH (USAF transport) activity at present, rumoured to be in connection with getting US Ranger units down to Africa.

C-5 85-0001 RCH861 22nov21

Martin

• Like 4

Yesterday a Coast Guard S92 came over on the approach to Leeds Bradford. Helicopters going into Leeds General Infirmary use the airport approach as the LGI is directly below it. 

Today took a trip up A1 to Leeming to see the Swiss F18 Hornets that are there for a month. 

• Like 1

No, they flew in after, judging by the photos I have seen, it was pretty much dark when they arrived. 

Slightly off topic, while I was there some sort of armoured patrol vehicle kept trundling past on the perimeter road. I am not well up on these, but it was four wheeled and quite large. Looking at pictures it might have been a Ridge back as it was getting on for small lorry sized. 

1. Today it was Airbus CC-150 Polaris, a tanker of RCAF converted from old Airbus A 310. She was on the approach to landing in Krakow/ She is seen on military part Balice  from a couple of recent days.

2. A week ago I traveled in night about from Krakow 150 km to Rzeszów to see (?! - on 23:10 in night) An-225 Mrija and I was there by the fence, near the end of runway when she flown above me! There were hundreds of spectators there, despite the midnight time... Some people I've spoken with came from much longer distance then me.

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mr T said:

No, they flew in after, judging by the photos I have seen, it was pretty much dark when they arrived. 

Slightly off topic, while I was there some sort of armoured patrol vehicle kept trundling past on the perimeter road. I am not well up on these, but it was four wheeled and quite large. Looking at pictures it might have been a Ridge back as it was getting on for small lorry sized. 

Two more Hornets heading to Leeming now. Both two-seaters - J-5236 and J-5238

Apparently two have gone back, presumably as they are bring pretty intensively flown while they are here, the Swiss must want to even the flying hours out and they may need to going back to meet normal servicing requirements 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 7:56 PM, JWM said:

. A week ago I traveled in night about from Krakow 150 km to Rzeszów to see (?! - on 23:10 in night) An-225 Mrija and I was there by the fence, near the end of runway when she flown above me! There were hundreds of spectators there, despite the midnight time... Some people I've spoken with came from much longer distance then me.

Regards

J-W

Here is movie from this landing done by my friend

Regards

J-W

• Like 1