What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

Last night in absolutely appalling weather - heavy rain and gale force winds, 2 x MC130H from Mildenhall flew over York around 9pm at just over 5,000 feet heading up to the moors for low night flying exercise. 

Take my hat off to those guys!!

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

3 lots each in tow with a kc-135 per chance this morning?…explains why they were so loud…didn’t see them mind in the sun glare but saw the tankers coming on the radar

Yes, that was them 

• Like 1

it is off to Prestwick today and then returning to Japan. It is a NAVEX pror to COP26 at the end of the month. They did the same for G7

"Showing on FR24 as due Prestwick @ 1237 from Edinburgh and due Glasgow @ 1409 from Prestwick" FighterControl

Spent some time on the beach at Naval Station Dam Neck, VA (home of Seal Team-6).   Saw these guys off in the distance, kicking myself for not having my "real" camera with me instead of my phone.   You may have to squint but it's a formation of A/M-6 Littlebirds and MH-60 Blackhawks from the US Army's Nightstalkers, 160th SOAR.   

dOw1dYP.jpg

Later that evening, while sitting at an outdoor brewery enjoying a cold one (or two), had an MH-47 fly over.   

A bit late now, but on Tuesday at 17:45 the Red Arrows made an appearance.

Something to d with the Prince of Wales Aircraft Carrier.

Looked quite spectacular in the evening gloom, especially when they flew head on towards us.

Simon.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:09 PM, lasermonkey said:

Could have sworn I saw a Sea King HU.5 earlier today. It was at a distance though, silhouetted against a grey sky.

Are you in the West Country? Maybe it was one of the Belgians that went to Historic Helicopters this week?

Went to Swindon yesterday and somewhere between Burford and Lechlade had a U2 overfly. Expect it was going into Fairford or Brize.  Also saw a C17, I think it was doing circuits out of Brize. Used to see VC10s doing it  

15 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Are you in the West Country? Maybe it was one of the Belgians that went to Historic Helicopters this week?

No, Bedfordshire. I only saw it very briefly, but it really did look like a Sea King silhouette and there was a large protrusion on the spine that looked a lot like the HU.5’s. I could easily be wrong though!

On 10/22/2021 at 5:06 PM, JWM said:

DC 6 in Red Bull livery!!! (here is about this machine https://www.hangar-7.com/en/the-flying-bulls/aircraft/douglas-dc-6b/ ) I was completely astonished when I saw it over my head today!

Regards

J-W

This DC 6B was on Krakow Balice airport since Friday and today she took off flying back home. The pilot made round and low pass on airfield, so I had doubled opportunity to do photos from mine balcony this time.

51625572133_d941c983bf_b.jpg

After low pass. The sun was near sunset,,,Machine was heading right toward light

51626204980_2469ebb8b0_b.jpg

51626205235_d54572dd43_b.jpg

:)

Regards

J-W

• Like 7