What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

2 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

me neither. However it is a beautiful day here in the south-east and in among the many Spitfire & a couple of Hurricane overflights (Battle of Britain memorial, Capel-le-Ferne) the Swedish De Havilland DH.80A Puss Moth SE-AFH flew in across the Channel at low altitude passing right over the back garden - heading for Dx ? 

2 hours ago, Paul821 said:

The usual traffic over our house are lookalike jets flying into Luton or Stanstead but we do have a regular Spitfire overflight. Today was different two Spitfires (together) and a little later  Hurricane G-HUPW. This is the first Hurricane I have seen here in 10 years.

You're both lucky to be able to hear that classic Merlin sound regularly. Not to mention actually seeing Spitfires and Hurricanes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

There probably wasn’t a spotter in the South East who didn’t see them :)

@PhantomBigStu Today we had AC-130W 08-6206 (RCH1032) with HC-130J 16-5862 (RCH1030) flying Souda to Mildenhall over the South East followed by HC-130J 18-5910, calling RCH1034. There should be an AC-130J to fly up this way too soon.

Martin

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

@PhantomBigStu Today we had AC-130W 08-6206 (RCH1032) with HC-130J 16-5862 (RCH1030) flying Souda to Mildenhall over the South East followed by HC-130J 18-5910, calling RCH1034. There should be an AC-130J to fly up this way too soon.

Martin

@PhantomBigStu three more ACs flew over Essex a short while ago and are now of their way to Keflavik 

• Like 1

Earlier about noon a Tiger Moth, Cornell and a Fairchild 24 were all flying a circular pattern quite low. All restored in Bcatp colours. Later I found out a Harvard and T-28 joined them but then they moved south and didn’t see them. No airshows anywhere today.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Potato Pete said:

A U-2 (TR-1? what's the difference...?) low over Sherborne.this afternoon. Going to Brize Norton or Fairford I guess. Very cool.

TR-1 was a short-lived designation that hasn't been in use since the (1990s?)

• Like 1

Not quite over my house but seen along the coast at Worthing today on one of my walks along the beach(half hour from my home) was a P-38 Lightning heading east. It was too quick for me to get my camera on it to get a photo. It was certainly the Red Bull one but from where it came from and its destination I Don't know. After last week when I saw the Catalina, I am feeling quite lucky at seeing these warbirds near home on such lovely days. Did anyone else see it or know of its reason for being over here?

10 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Something up high whilst walking the dogs, Not on the flight trackers so must have been military and I don’t have the military  tracker bookmarked (nor can I find it on google) 

https://globe.adsbexchange.com, Stu 

In Paignton this week and on Tuesday morning and yesterday afternoon off Brixham (sea fishing) saw a twin seater spitfire overflying.

My son in law’s brother thinks it’s flying out of Exeter, but will check that.

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Northolt?

With that lot and todays free mini airshow ....I think London air traffic would be doin" star h

Jumps.....Nah 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mind you I get where you are coming from....but the junior service use BAe 146 not the RJs 👍

Edited by junglierating
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, junglierating said:

I think London air traffic would be doin" star h

Jumps.....Nah 🤣🤣🤣🤣

:rofl2:

I consider 146's & RJ's to be one and the same....!! 

TBH I'd missed your post about the 'free airshow' as my other thought with the variety of machinery in your first post was Pembrey - but the Mini Jumbo wouldn't likely be seen there.... :hmmm: The helo's are often about down here and we had the first visit I'd seen from a Texan here last week...

Keith

• Like 1