What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

2 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Pair of RAF Typhoons on QRA out of Coningsby. Apparently small plane from Guernsey into Leeds/Bradford not responding so Biggles went for a look see. One intercepted and other hung back. Bet the pilot of small plane will now need clean trousers! Both Tiffies were tooled up. Heard em go over and just caught glimps of one as it banked. Mate of mine has a flight app thingy and he filled me in on the details.

Regards,

Steve

Been buzzing over Leeds for a bit apparently, went out of work to have a look but no sightings. Some good photos appearing on Facebook.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Maybe the two that went to the Valley Families Day? 

I reckon that's correct Martin, as when I first checked them on Planefinder, they had come down from Valley!

Terry

Heard a familiar rumble and went out into garden to see a Spitfire going over. Probably on its way to or from Yorkshire Wartime event near Birstall today. Don't know what mark it was but it sounded a bit too throaty for a Merlin so might have been a later Griffon engined one? Either way it was a wonderful sound! 🙂

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

We had JAKE21, WC-135W 61-2667 depart South out of Mildenhall at daybreak and then return to our East this evening after a 14 hour sortie. She was beautifully illuminated in the late sun. She is one of the last two turbofan-engined C-135s in the Air Force inventory

Martin

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

RAF Chinook ZH777 over southern California, Im guessing on maneuvers or training with US Military.

They deploy to Oceana for desert training and acclimitisation. And duty free shopping (allegedly....!! :) )

Keith

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not quite over the house but thunderous jet noise heard for the past 10 minutes according to Flight Radar is a Typhoon FGR.4  ZK335 "Chaos 011" doing its thing at 3000' over and around the village of Friockheim ten miles inland. 

Last night between 10 and midnight a series of low level passes over Holt in Norfolk heading north to the North Sea. Nothing doing on my flight app as they flew over, but there were a number of MC-130J’s circling off the coast.

Trevor

Today (20 August 2021) is the 30th Anniversary of Estonia's restoration of independence from the former Soviet Union (24 February 2018 is the original Independence Day) and is, therefore, a public holiday. Although the military parades etc are somewhat more subdued for the Restoration of Independence Day commemoration the locally based Baltic Air Policing mission, currently manned by the Italian Air Force did fly a two-ship over the major cities of Estonia earlier today, including Tartu, where I am currently living/working.

fullsizeoutput_1e11 fullsizeoutput_1e12

• Like 4

On 8/18/2021 at 10:33 AM, Max Headroom said:

Last night between 10 and midnight a series of low level passes over Holt in Norfolk heading north to the North Sea. Nothing doing on my flight app as they flew over, but there were a number of MC-130J’s circling off the coast.

Trevor

We had a pair of MC-130J`s go over us in Lancashire, in close formation on Wednesday too,.... around mid day,... they headed for the Isle of Man, where there is a air to air refuelling corridor,...... presumed they were going to refuel and then go low level from Scotland?

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tonyot said:

Just had a Turkish A400 Grizzly go over,..... quite a rare bird for the UK. Flying from Prestwich,..... possibly towards Brize? 

It was 18-0094 accompanying the sick C-130 70-1610  They headed home last night. The Herc was unusual too as it was an E-model.

• Like 1