What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

At 1530 today I heard something approaching and went out expecting to see an Alpha Jet because it was not very noisy and was surprised to see a Mirage 2000 at about 1000ft tootling  along fairly slowly heading west.

• Like 1

Not the Red Arrows as bad weather cancelled their low-level transit up the east coast to Lossiemouth this morning.

But NOTAM has been published for tomorrow's proposed return route to Scamptom from Lossie for anyone along the way (or maybe not)  -  all times GMT so add an hour for BST  -

FORMATION TRANSIT BY RED ARROWS ACFT ROUTING:

574218N0032021W RAF LOSSIEMOUTH 1110

573734N0031105W SW OF LHANBRYDE 1112

570318N0022948W BANCHORY 1119

564853N0023728W EDZELL WOODS 1121

563904N0024307W NE OF LETHAM 1123

555427N0021223W NW OF COLDINGHAM 1131

550822N0011446W OVERSEA 1140

541354N0004650W S OF PICKERING 1150

532547N0002249W NW OF MARKET RASEN 1158

531828N0003303W RAF SCAMPTON 1200

FORMATION PLANS TO TRANSIT AT 250-2000FT AGL. TIMINGS, HGT AND ROUTE ARE APRX AND MAY CHANGE DUE TO WX OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS.

I did a beer & other drinks delivery to RAF Coningsby Officers Mess this afternoon. It was Families day today.

So Relatives and guests of those serving there could be invited to see the base and watch the flying display.

I then went up the road and delivered to the Leagate pub.

So I got to see, at low level*, the BoBMF Dakota, Hurricane and a couple of Spitfires, plus a loony in a Pitts special trailing smoke and doing some mad aerobatics.

Not to mention the Reds (I live up the road from Scampton and they regularly threaten our chimneys!).

Families day was always good when I was in the mob, Your nearest and dearest could see what you did and where you worked.

*The Dakota was stooging around at about 200 feet. A lovely sight.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

I could think of a few better ways but, not appropriate for discussion here! 😉😂

John

When you get to my age the Spitfire wins every time.....!!! 🤣

K

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

@PhantomBigStu If the weather has breaks you have Turkish C-130E 01610 heading your way from the E

Clouds holding firm though least it has stopped raining and little bit of suns peaking through, seems to be a quiet military day, only can see a US rivet joint and RNAF f-16 over the Netherlands edit and a RNAF kc10 of the dutch coast 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Clouds holding firm though least it has stopped raining and little bit of suns peaking through, seems to be a quiet military day, only can see a US rivet joint and RNAF f-16 over the Netherlands edit and a RNAF kc10 of the dutch coast 

Thats a shame, mate.  

4 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

@PhantomBigStu BUZZRD41, 51, 61, 71, 81 and 91 - 16 x F-16s - heading your way from the S heading to LN or MHZ and then on to Alaska on Thursday

The first flight of three (BUZZARD41) to the NW of Troyes now

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

The first flight of three (BUZZARD41) to the NW of Troyes now

Can see 51 going up the coast on ADSB, dunno what happened to 41 unless its already landed at MZ, guessing the rest will go the same way, avoiding me, cheers for the heads up. 

Just had an RAF Hercules (ZH865/RRR126 according to Flight Radar) pass Montrose  at 550' heading out to sea.

Brize Norton to Wick and then zig-zagging its way back south at low level , if it keeps up its current course might cross land again around Dunbar in East Lothian.

Pair of RAF Typhoons on QRA out of Coningsby. Apparently small plane from Guernsey into Leeds/Bradford not responding so Biggles went for a look see. One intercepted and other hung back. Bet the pilot of small plane will now need clean trousers! Both Tiffies were tooled up. Heard em go over and just caught glimps of one as it banked. Mate of mine has a flight app thingy and he filled me in on the details.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1