What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

12 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Thanks! I'll give that look.

Play around with the buttons to get the info you want. For mil only use U turned on. K is useful. If you click on an aircraft icon the track will show. With K on you will see a historical view of altitudes, speeds etc 

45 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Play around with the buttons to get the info you want. For mil only use U turned on. K is useful. If you click on an aircraft icon the track will show. With K on you will see a historical view of altitudes, speeds etc 

They weren’t showing on ADSB as apaches, normally they do, obviously had turned something off. 

9 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

They weren’t showing on ADSB as apaches, normally they do, obviously had turned something off. 

Mode-S off. Others that appear over the U.K. with no Mode-S on are the Kuwaitis. And try following USN P-8s! 

15 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

A proper Herc over you now! And another coming along behind ;) 

Two Xingus in trail just S of us heading E.

At 1430 my after lunch siesta  ( having been woken twice during the night by storms ) was rudely interrupted by something fast and low which sounded like it was going to take the roof off!

• Like 3

9 x RAF Pumas heading north over RAF Wyton en route to RAF Scampton as part of the Puma 50th anniversary flypast. An awesome sight and sound!

img%5D

Edited by canberraman
photo added
  • Like 4

Not quite over, but certainly of the town,

the fleet of 10 Puma helicopters doing the grand tour....heading toward RAF sorry....MOD Stafford no pictures unfortunately

Edited by Mikey-1980
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Not quite over, but certainly of the town,

the fleet of 10 Puma helicopters doing the grand tour....heading toward RAF sorry....MOD Stafford no pictures unfortunately

Looks like the 10th machine finally caught up with the formation by the time it reached you Mikey!

Mark

54 minutes ago, canberraman said:

Looks like the 10th machine finally caught up with the formation by the time it reached you Mikey!

Mark

Potentially, only issue is that the flight path was no where near where I live.

Meh! hey ho

1 hour ago, canberraman said:

Looks like the 10th machine finally caught up with the formation by the time it reached you

Nine passed overhead Barkston Heath followed 1 minute later by the tenth which caught up with the main formation over Cranwell. A great site and I have to pinch myself to remember the 50 years of service.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Hunter XE704 has been flying around and around for a couple hours every day this week. Its operating out of Boscombe Down, perhaps doing some test pilot training. 

I've been watching it on ADS-B - virtual plane spotting will never replace seeing the real thing....!! :)

Keith

Around midday I was up the road at the former RAF Hemswell when a Hughes 500 in (I think) dark green came in very low.

It may even have landed on the Airfield side. It looked like it was on approach but the Hangars then obscured my view.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:56 PM, keefr22 said:

I've been watching it on ADS-B - virtual plane spotting will never replace seeing the real thing....!! :)

Keith

At least it shows you where to look ;) 

• Like 1