What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

“Yes, he is currently positioning from Kabul to Karachi for a stopover. Expected to depart Karachi early doors tomorrow for Brize Norton, subject to the usual caveats.” Source FC 

Just had what appeared to be an RAF Puma fly over going north-ish from Braintree, Essex.  Also had Sally B fly over earlier.  Is there something on at Duxford for Armed Forces Day this weekend?

Edited by RobL

6 minutes ago, RobL said:

Just had what appeared to be an RAF Puma fly over going north-ish from Braintree, Essex.  Also had Sally B fly over earlier.  Is there something on at Duxford for Armed Forces Day this weekend?

Dunno about DX but Sally B’s and just gone over here heading to Headcorn

7 minutes ago, Trevor L said:

A Spitfire and Hurricane just did a figure of eight over Banbury, banking right over my roof.

Great sight and sound. 

BBMF.

Left Gloucester about 40mins ago.

Sounded wonderful! 

Rick.

• Like 1

Had a very unusual visitor to sleepy Otis ANGB on Cape Cod (USA) - an E-4B Nightwatch.   Thought I was seeing things when I noticed a 747 low over the trees (couldn't get a picture, sorry).   It spent over an hour doing touch and goes at Otis, then took a leisurely tour of MA, flying up the cost at 3,000' before heading inland north of Plymouth and taking a meandering route at the same altitude and finally landing at Hanscom AFB in Bedford, MA.   Flight Aware on my phone shows it as Rocky 25, which launched out of Offutt AFB.

• Like 1

Just had a Dakota fly low over the house and then do a few low level circuits near to Oldham (could be Middleton?), Lancashire,...... probably for an Armed Forces Day,...... thought it might be the BBMF Dak but it isn`t shown as flying today,....... there was no sign of the aircraft on Flightradar either! Great to see!

EDIT,.... it was the BBMF Dakota performing for a local primary school summer fait. 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

Whoop Sea King Mk4 airborne from that lot in Crewkerne...Blinking marvelous 

3 hours ago, fatfingers said:

A Gazelle just went zipping over. Not seen one for years and didn't realise Army still used them! 

Regards,

Steve

50 on the books ....obs not all active

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, fatfingers said:

A Gazelle just went zipping over. Not seen one for years and didn't realise Army still used them! 

Regards,

Steve

There’s at least one ex-suffield machine around 

• Like 1

Not seen them myself but apparently the Dee side of Wirral is buzzing with Chinooks. Apparently there is some sort of exercise happening in the area.

Trevor

EDIT just saw one circling over our house! I heard it from inside - not very stealthy.

Edited by Max Headroom
Seen one!

11 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Not seen them myself but apparently the Dee side of Wirral is buzzing with Chinooks. Apparently there is some sort of exercise happening in the area.

Trevor

EDIT just saw one circling over our house! I heard it from inside - not very stealthy.

I read that they were detached to RAF Woodvale,....... they were there last week, doing low level flying all over the North West, especially towards Blackburn... so might have stayed on? EDIT,.... looks like it has landed at Woodvale now.

You have a Herk off Southport at the moment too;

https://www.flightradar24.com/multiview/283aa297

Edited by tonyot

Just saw a U-2 again.  Quite a bit higher today - and right in the sun!

Followed a couple of minutes later by a Voyager.  Lower and louder than usual, but still in cloud - seen briefly crossing from one cloud to another.

The sky is a difficult photo backgroud today.

Currently looking at FR 24. Anyone know what Nemesis 1 and 2 are currently north of Hardwick? They've both been drawing some very messy patterns all over the map.

Edit: Oh! And I'm being treated to an A400M doing circuits and bumps at Bristol this evening. Lovely noise! 

1 minute ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Apaches ;)

Ah! Cheers for that. Me and the lad were watching the spider's web they were drawing over half of East Anglia and scratching our heads. Mystery solved.

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

Ah! Cheers for that. Me and the lad were watching the spider's web they were drawing over half of East Anglia and scratching our heads. Mystery solved.

Try https://globe.adsbexchange.com, mate. It gives you much of the military as well as the civvie stuff, providing they are using Mode-S 

Martin