What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

5 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Yes Stu. Five LN F-15s to Souda 

Quite a sight, obviously head them coming but was out with the dogs and forgot my phone, got a bit luck as I tried to spot them the tanker started producing a contrail, cheers 

I arrived in Lossie today for a week's break where I will be taking in some of the RAF, RN and fishing history along the Moray coast. Twice I heard something go over and all I could tell was that they noisy, smokey, wingy things! I presume they were Typhoons.

Dave

This afternoon....a Hurricane ...followed by a Spit in what looked like an RAAF scheme (?). Looking forward to the Aero Legends YAK-3 at some stage this month (!)

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

G-AGHY?

I don’t think so from photos online unless it’s been repainted.  The one I saw was v dark green (probably) to the whole fuselage  with all flying surfaces silver.  As it was a very bright day the fuse could possibly be black or very dark blue I guess.

My daughter who lives in Stourport had them Red Arrars fly over this evening, she said they were old bangers 'cos they were making a load of smoke.

Translation;  the Red Arrows overflew Stourport on their sort of Midlands "tour" on their way to the Air festival at Ragley Hall, Alcester, makng smoke.

I'll be over at her house tomorrow to see them as they're going over Stourport again at about 1353.

A bit of a poor-quality photo, but we had these two pop over the West Midlands earlier today:

51225380373_858362dd14_b.jpg

I live just under the turning-point into Birmingham Airport, so over the years we're used to seeing airliners come over.

Today both Anarchy 1 (BlackJack) of the Typhoon display team and the backup jet (I think the latter is crewed by Jim Peterson) flew past, and seemed to be using the same point on their way to and from the Midlands Air Festival at Ragley Hall, and their base for the weekend at East Midlands airport.

Hopefully we'll see them take the same route tomorrow and Sunday!

Best wishes,

Sam

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

I also had an autogyro today, along with a Spitfire and Sally B.

As much as i enjoy seeing the Red Kite i would much rather see a Spit and a B17! 😀

Regards,

Steve

Damselfiies. Even though our (small) garden pond is just a year old, there are scores of damselflies emerging from it. I found eight exuvia last week, and today there's getting on for twenty more. Some damselflies are freshly emerged, so are colourless with wings still drying out, while others are warming up, ready or their first flight. I'm absolutely chuffed to be able to witness this.

• Like 1

Ah, the wonderful drone of T56s strapped to a Herc :). The right engines, short form fuselage, four-blade props. G-781 went over the village half an hour or so ago at FL200, heading for Cambridge. A proper Herc!

DSA_3380

Martin

• Like 4