What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

Pair of USMC MV-22B Osprey over Montrose straight and level at a couple of thousand feet around 1645 heading out to sea.     Very tight formation and another first sighting for me but surprised at how quiet they were from what I have read about them  , had heard some engine noise but expected that the source was much further away rather than directly overhead , maybe they are noisier in the hover or maneuvering .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Des said:

Pair of USMC MV-22B Osprey over Montrose straight and level at a couple of thousand feet around 1645 heading out to sea.     Very tight formation and another first sighting for me but surprised at how quiet they were from what I have read about them  , had heard some engine noise but expected that the source was much further away rather than directly overhead , maybe they are noisier in the hover or maneuvering .

Off the USS Iwo Jima apparently. They flew over Edzell just before that time. They were at RM Condor along with a Super Sea Stallion which was practicing lifting artillery. Hunter Photography Studio & Gallery on Facebook has lots of photos taken inside Condor.

My first ever MV-22s :)

Duncan B

• Like 1

We had Egyptian Herc 1279/SU-BAK over the village today on her way to Brize Norton.  With all the bad weather she had spend ages dodging clouds since arriving south of Paris. I tried for a photo but it was too "gappy" overhead with just a few blue patches. Be

I know we'll still be seeing them way after I've left this world but we just had "PACK91" KC-46A 16-46019 over the top on its way to the Adriatic on a round robin from Mildenhall. Here she is departing FL290 in the climb. 

KC46a

• Like 2

Here are the two Typhoons (ZK352 and ZK376) forming RFR7001 Flight and overhead here at around FL260  while returning from Mont de Marsan today.

They flew down early in the morning with RFR7003 Flight (ZK322 and ZK333) and in company with a Voyager tanker (ZZ334). They all returned around midday today.

Martin

• Like 6

On 11/05/2021 at 18:55, Des said:

Must still be around... Saw one about 2 hours ago as I was driving on the A702 about 10 miles south of Edinburgh, flying fairly low over Pentland hills towards Penicuick.  Never seen one before, at first I thought someone was flying a large drone until I realised it was further away.

• Like 1

Missed them yesterday as was out for the the countand laid in, was up early this morning and heard them. Also a French C-135r went over about an hour or so ago whilst out dog walking. Edit: kc46 just passed to the west and a kc135 is heading this way edit and another 46 just went over, yanks are busy today 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Goldfinches, blackbirds, woodpigeons, a couple of robins and a welcome return of house sparrows which are far less common than they used to be. No greenfinches this year though.

Nothing with engines though. Looking forward to our summer holidays in Wales, Devon, Norfolk and Scotland when I may finally see some fast jet activity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

In Suffolk at the moment and have been treated by a sky full of swifts, swallows and martins, in numbers I haven’t seen in years.

Nice! We had dozens of swifts at Pulborough today too :). Pulborough also has a temporary resident Sea Eagle. 

• Like 2

CLEAN01 heading south with at least two f-15, didn’t spot them as I misread the radar and looked in the wrong direction, but did see LAGR235 heading back north. Also see there’s a typhoon over Le Mans heading north, wonder if I’ll hear that go over later. Edit Didn’t here the typhoon but another kc135 and I counted 5 f-15s trailing

Edited by PhantomBigStu

11 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

CLEAN01 heading south with at least two f-15, didn’t spot them as I misread the radar and looked in the wrong direction, but did see LAGR235 heading back north. Also see there’s a typhoon over Le Mans heading north, wonder if I’ll hear that go over later. Edit Didn’t here the typhoon but another kc135 and I counted 5 f-15s trailing

Yes Stu. Five LN F-15s to Souda 

• Like 1