What’s flying over your house #3

RidgeRunner

Here is C-32B 02-4452, call sign ”STIFF74”, flying over the village on UG1 to Shannon from Tirana. She belongs to: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/486th_Flight_Test_Squadron. Note the section under “Operations”. She has been to and from Tirana at least twice in this last week. Her sister ship has also been around Europe recently.

• Like 5

Nice! I saw a C-40 recently but unfortunately the glare of the sun stopped me from being able to see it! got a picture that was barely zoomed and its like a dot in the distance. That C-32B is quite a cool sight though.

@KingTiger435 Depending where you are in Scotland you might get a glimpse of the MO F-15s returning to the US from the Middle East. They are stuck in Lakenheath at the moment due to fog. There are/were 18 in total, guided along by KC-10s and KC-135s. You can look out on adsbexchange https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=44f682 for the "BLUE" tankers. The F-15s seem to only show on Flightradar24 https://www.flightradar24.com/51.14,-0.12/6 as "TREND". At present it seems they are going to try for a getaway tomorrow morning.

Martin

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

@KingTiger435 Depending where you are in Scotland you might get a glimpse of the MO F-15s returning to the US from the Middle East. They are stuck in Lakenheath at the moment due to fog. There are/were 18 in total, guided along by KC-10s and KC-135s. You can look out on adsbexchange https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=44f682 for the "BLUE" tankers. The F-15s seem to only show on Flightradar24 https://www.flightradar24.com/51.14,-0.12/6 as "TREND". At present it seems they are going to try for a getaway tomorrow morning.

Martin

I unfortunately saw nothing, mainly because I was at school so I couldn't even see the radar (so who knows they might have not even taken off). The weather is bad anyway.

Anyway

Here's the KC-135 I talked about earlier.

bc0ac4b5fd2130d26d0fb6de82db2807.jpg

7d928d97f1764fe97fe00b0dac24d906.jpg

It as really cool and sounded great, we usually only get EasyJet A320s and very rarely a C-17 so having a bigger "jet" was awesome.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Seen this several times now.

A nice spot. :) You're in the right place to be seeing them, of course :). 

Martin

18 hours ago, KingTiger435 said:

I unfortunately saw nothing, mainly because I was at school so I couldn't even see the radar (so who knows they might have not even taken off). The weather is bad anyway.

TREND21 (DUDE01) just passed Dundee with tankers, heading NW towards Inverness. It looks like they will overfly Ullapool on their way to the US. This is the first batch. The DUDE01 call-sign is an erroneaous setting in the lead machine of TREND21 (the true callsign). More are due to depart, probably over the next few days.

DUDE03

• Like 2

Rada Airlines IL-62M EW-450TR "RDA5071 currently heading to Dover on UG1 :). Its great to see an old Ilyushin in the air, and twice in a month! :)

Martin

Not too long ago two Apaches (Outlaw1 & 2) passed overhead REME Barracks Brompton managed to catch one great sound shame they weren't closer to each other 

Apaches-2104-002.jpg

apache-3.png

Eamonn

Edited by Team Aer Lingus
extra picture
  • Like 4

Just heard a racket from outside and just had three MRH-90 Taipans and three Boeing CH-47F Chinooks and a single Eurocopter EC135 fly right over my unit. Rushed inside to get my phone to take a picture, but they had flown past. Been ages since I've seen three Chinooks flying together !

• Like 1

I just saw the Presidential-style liveried RAF Voyager.  Presumably inbound for Brize.

Could see the red flashes on the fuselage, and refuelling pods under the wings.

RAF fly their transports over here quite a lot,  but at much lower altitude than airliners.

Went for a lovely walk around a small, local nature reserve this afternoon. Upon arriving, a Rearwin Skyranger (G-RWIN) flew over nice and low.

Later on I saw a Miles Magister and Hurricane flying around, probably getting ready for Shuttleworth’s first show of the year.

• Like 1

Re-engined USN C-130T 165159, calling CNV3421, departing Mildenhall towards the south coast and over us at FL250 on Thursday. These Hercs are very busy on regular runs at the moment, presumably in support of the P-8 Poseidon TDYs.

DSA_3275

Martin

• Like 3

Not exactly over my house but while fliating around the Globe checking out FlightRadar24 out I found a blue plane over northern Quebec. When I tapped on it was surprised to see an RAF Tanker ZZ332 out of Brize Norton ? WuflPsb.png

i2qHNlE.png

Any chance this is carrying Prince Harry back to L.A. ? Would it be all the way over Canada possibly going to a Red Flag or similar exercise ? 

Dennis

Holy cow, yesterday was exciting for me, first, I saw a dutch air force MRTT

ad4a7b8d4d3896ab929a9470e4cb4579.jpg

767850d9b7d430b308894d223d74707b.jpg

And then I saw two AH64s flying together.

993a87dd9ece16091a795cf79ae970ce.jpg

651c89e0a373882254e90c8d18f339d8.jpg

Pictures are a bit odd I know, accidentally left my camera's ISO low from stargazing... Whoops! :swear:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, KingTiger435 said:

Holy cow, yesterday was exciting for me, first, I saw a dutch air force MRTT

ad4a7b8d4d3896ab929a9470e4cb4579.jpg

767850d9b7d430b308894d223d74707b.jpg

And then I saw two AH64s flying together.

993a87dd9ece16091a795cf79ae970ce.jpg

651c89e0a373882254e90c8d18f339d8.jpg

Pictures are a bit odd I know, accidentally left my camera's ISO low from stargazing... Whoops! :swear:

You had 2 x B-52 over your way yesterday on their way to Al Udeid :), calling GRIM01

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

You had 2 x B-52 over your way yesterday on their way to Al Udeid :), calling GRIM01

I saw, but on the one day there was I was in Edinburgh :) just my luck...

• Sad 1

I'll let you guess. Two current, two old. Clue - it's ANZAC day.

Anzac

OK I guess that you all give up. Spitfire, Avenger and two Texans....

Edited by Jo NZ
Nobody replied