Copper State models Bristol Scout

RichieW

Copper State Models are releasing a 1/32 Bristol Scout this year. No release date yet. Hopefully I can finish my crude scratch built attempt before it comes out. 😅

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Ted said:

This is great news. I collected a bunch of plans to scratchbuild one but chickened out.

Wish I'd chickened out too Ted! 😂

• Haha 2

Are you sure?

Since I remember some types like Hansa Brandenburg...as WNW stopped this partikular kit, Cooper State also? So maybe this time again? No great hopes. Roden is more likely to release new kits?

Happy modelling

35 minutes ago, dov said:

Are you sure?

Since I remember some types like Hansa Brandenburg...as WNW stopped this partikular kit, Cooper State also? So maybe this time again? No great hopes. Roden is more likely to release new kits?

Happy modelling

Only as sure as can be from having seen it on their Facebook page. Obviously not a 100% guarantee but hopeful!

You should post this to the rumormonger section, this is going to come as great news to so many of us!  CSM has been doing a great job and in my mind they are actually a cut above WNW.

At last :D .  A Bristol Scout is well overdue. Looks like the modelling Gods have been supplicated by Ritchies temple offerings of a scratch built one. We are all grateful to him. 

Now how about a 1/32 BE2?

• Haha 1

Haha, John I was wondering if I could trick the modelling Gods into producing a BE2c by attempting 'starting' a scratch build. I fear I may bring the curse of the carpet monster on myself. 😂

• Haha 1

Oh no,

you know what building such a monster is?

I do.

Do you think that the modelling community would be ready to bear it?

This a/c, the BE2c & BE12b is a monster to build. I did it in 48 twice and in 32 with her aunt, the RE.8.

But it will not happen.

Look at my WIP from RE.8 and you can find out what I am talking about!

Look at my RIP at my BE.2c and look what I am talking about!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I heard directly from David Bremner who is the owner, builder and pilot of Bristol Scout 1264 that Copperstate models are working with him on the development of the 1/32 Bristol Scout kit. So it is no mere rumour. 😃

Richie

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, RichieW said:

I heard directly from David Bremner who is the owner, builder and pilot of Bristol Scout 1264 that Copperstate models are working with him on the development of the 1/32 Bristol Scout kit. So it is no mere rumour. 😃

Richie

I don’t suppose David Bremner has a Be2 at the back of the garage?

Great news and confirmation Ritchie, thanks

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I don’t suppose David Bremner has a Be2 at the back of the garage?

Great news and confirmation Ritchie, thanks

It's funny you should mention that, I'm trying to scratchbuild a RAF 1a engine in 1/32 for one. Perhaps the God's of modelling will get a little nudge. Then again, this doesn't look like it's going the distance!😂

• Haha 1