Ju88G-6 with Berlin Radar Dragon 1/48

This is Dragon`s old but still very good kit with the Berlin-Radar Nose from Quickboost, PE from Eduard and Decals from AIMS. The aircraft is 3C+MN as found at the end of the war, one of only a handful with this modern FuG240 radar. It was introduced as late as April 1945, only about 25 aircraft were equipped with it. The Fug240 could only be produced by Telefunken with magnetrons recovered from the "Rotterdam" devices of british bombers that had fallen into german hands. This fact understandably limited the production capabilities at Telefunken.

After the war 3C+MN was flown to Farnborough were it was repainted with RAF roundels and evaluated.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Thanks for looking!

Volker

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Werdna said:

Great job.  Definitely not an easy kit to build, as I'm currently finding out.. ;) 

What`s the problem zone?👨‍🦲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve27752 said:

No pics on puter or iPad.

They are on imgbox.com and sometimes load slowly. They are there!

2 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

What`s the problem zone?👨‍🦲

Nothing insurmountable - but I'm learning that absolutely everything needs to be dry-fitted first.  I started my build about a month ago and I'm still probably another week at least away from having something for RFI..

Nice result on this. The Berlin nose looks well on these 88's. Did you scribe the fuel cap details just aft of the cockpit or is it a decal ? 

I have built two of these babies already and only issues are 

1. the wing tips are a poor fit, 

2. the lack of a bulkhead with the cannon breach for the C6 nose,

3. the spurious glass opening on the spine just in front of the rudder where the dingy, wtf? 

4. aforemntioned  lack of engraved detail just aft of cockpit

Dragon needs more love boys ! 

Mooi werk Volker 

1 hour ago, BKirwan said:

Nice result on this. The Berlin nose looks well on these 88's. Did you scribe the fuel cap details just aft of the cockpit or is it a decal ? 

3. the spurious glass opening on the spine just in front of the rudder where the dingy, wtf? 

Mooi werk Volker 

I used the special decal set by AIMS "Ju88G-6 fuel cells and hatches". Looks quite good actually.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VolkerR. said:

I used the special decal set by AIMS "Ju88G-6 fuel cells and hatches". Looks quite good actually.

I wondered why my 88 didn't have those details - now I know ;) 

1 hour ago, BKirwan said:

Mooi werk Volker 

I would add - lack of engine bulkheads - which are visible (or rather 'not' visible) through the landing gear bays.  Also, there is no alternative offered for having the crew hatch open.  I closed mine, but the fit is terrible.  Still an awesome kit though.  I've also got a C-6 in the stash, which I'm looking forward to building..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Werdna said:

I would add - lack of engine bulkheads - which are visible (or rather 'not' visible) through the landing gear bays.  Also, there is no alternative offered for having the crew hatch open.  I closed mine, but the fit is terrible. 

Yea the gear bays are a wee but bare alright. It would be interesting to see a build off between the old Dragon and the new ICM kits.