1/32 Trumpeter A-6 Intruder

This is the 1/32 A-6 intruder with a lighting chip, allowing all lights to function out side and in the cockpit.
Along with Reedoak figures I also used and the verlinden mule, and the Eduard mer pods ,this is all then painted with Tamiya acrylics.
Its a good kit overall, it has its dowe points, but mainly a lot of up points, I have another one to build later in the year so I am already looking forward to this any way enjoy

The Grumman A-6 Intruder is an American twinjet all-weather attack aircraft developed and manufactured by American aircraft company Grumman Aerospace that was operated by the U.S. Navy.
It was designed in response to a 1957 requirement issued by the Bureau of Aeronautics for an all-weather attack aircraft for Navy long-range interdiction missions and with STOL capability for Marine close air support. It was to replace the piston-engined Douglas A-1 Skyraider. The requirement allowed one or two engines, either turbojet or turboprop. The winning proposal from Grumman used two Pratt & Whitney J52 turbojet engines. The Intruder was the first Navy aircraft with an integrated airframe and weapons system. Operated by a crew of two in a side-by-side seating configuration, the workload was divided between the pilot and weapons officer (bombardier/navigator (BN)). In addition to conventional munitions, it could also carry nuclear weapons, which would be delivered using toss bombing techniques. On 19 April 1960, the first prototype made its maiden flight.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 48
  • Thanks 1

Good golly Miss Molly! Your work is incredible! This is the first time I've seen arming wires on the bombs modeled. Now that's attention to detail.

Yes sir, that is something else! :shocked:   Wow.  Some amazing modeling skills on display, and an incredible attention to the details.   For instance, along with the aforementioned bomb wiring, I was drawn to the inside of the intakes.   Great replication of an area not often "modeled"!  :worthy:

7 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Outstanding! How about a photo in the dark with the lighting chip powering the aircraft lights?

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Bill I will sort that for you tonight 

Mike

Hi Guys thank you for all your kind comments thank you

Mike