Pan Am's Sky Pig 747SP

@Einar you have built a lovely model. There is nothing wrong with your work or the kit you used (except it's not on my shelf), or the decals either.

Thank you @Alex1978 and @thorfinn for finding a better explanation than I did for the oddly cute little 747. I :worthy: to your superior language skills.

• Like 1

Hi Einar,

Well this is a surprise I was expecting a Roden 720! Another gorgeous model beautifully finished. I have recently completed an AA Pan Am 747sp myself and have to agree about the quality of the kit. 

Your natural metal finish is very impressive as is the gloss on the white, not too shiny.

I like the quirkiness of the SP, it's a 747 but isn't at the same time!

Cheers,

Ian

13 hours ago, David H said:

What a beautiful model!

I sometimes wonder why the 747SP didn't get a different name...its in many ways a completely different plane.

-d-

Thanks David!

7 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I'm not a fan of the SP but your model is definitely excellent. Congratulations on a job well done.

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Einar,

Well this is a surprise I was expecting a Roden 720! Another gorgeous model beautifully finished. I have recently completed an AA Pan Am 747sp myself and have to agree about the quality of the kit. 

Your natural metal finish is very impressive as is the gloss on the white, not too shiny.

I like the quirkiness of the SP, it's a 747 but isn't at the same time!

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian, the 720 will soon be under construction😀

What a beauty. The PanAm scheme suits the -SP so well. What a lovely job you’ve done with this - a classic in every sense. 

Tom

1 hour ago, gazza l said:

Beautiful job on this old classic. 

gazza l

Thank you Gazza I

26 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

What a beauty. The PanAm scheme suits the -SP so well. What a lovely job you’ve done with this - a classic in every sense. 

Tom

Thanks Tom!