1/35 Tamiya British SAS Jeep

Congratulations on a great build, Si. 👍

I have the Tamiya SAS Jeep in my stash and have saved this thread to lead me through my own build. Thanks for showing me/us how it should be done.

Dave

8 hours ago, Vaastav said:

Nice work with the MiniArt M2. I binned mine and jury rigged an MG42 I had lying around from another kit. I was surprised at it, given how I have made Tamiya's Russian vehicles and the DShK on them is quite good, despite being a harder gun to mold than the M2... 

Looking forward to seeing the dio

I should have realised about the soft plastic & tiny bits on MiniArt stuff.  I made a Leiferwagen some time ago and it was the same.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davecov said:

Congratulations on a great build, Si. 👍

I have the Tamiya SAS Jeep in my stash and have saved this thread to lead me through my own build. Thanks for showing me/us how it should be done.

Dave

Thanks very much Dave much appreciated 

Out of interest where were you born in Essex?

• Like 1

@Simon Dyer I was born in Oldchurch Hospital, Romford, Essex in 1958. For my first four years I lived in Harold Wood and then moved close to Elm Park. My mother still lives there but I escaped by joining the Royal Navy in 1976. BTW, I have a brother who lives near you in Basildon.

Dave

25 minutes ago, davecov said:

@Simon Dyer I was born in Oldchurch Hospital, Romford, Essex in 1958. For my first four years I lived in Harold Wood and then moved close to Elm Park. My mother still lives there but I escaped by joining the Royal Navy in 1976. BTW, I have a brother who lives near you in Basildon.

Dave

It definitely is a small world.  My wife was born in Harold Wood in 1955. I was born in Billericay and at 4 moved to Wickford until 16 and joining the RAF.  Im also interested in photography though not as much lately.

Si

• Like 1

Very small world, Si. My grandparents lived in Hornchurch and Rayleigh. I had one uncle who used to live in Wickford and another one in Hockley. My nephew currently lives near Emerson Park.

Dave

Hi All

Just a bit of an update on the base.  

The base itself is one half of a wooden box that used to contain artists pencils, I just about saved it before my daughter threw it out.

Ive applied the sand and its drying at the moment, Ive also removed the temporary card side walls.  Its looking a bit of a mess at the moment but getting there.  Will send some more images when Im a little further

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think I may have made the filler just a little bit too thin as when it hd initially dried it was very fragile and crumble.  Sprayed a few coats of diluted PVA all over and it appears to be holding up.

Be in tough soon

Take care and safe 

Si

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

Fascinating Si.

Getting "stuck " in there.

Laurie

Certainly interesting. The last diorama I did which was my first was a MiniArt kit. So this one really is from scratch

Thanks Laurie 

Si

Hi Folks

Just a bit of an update on the base. Near as damn it finished.  So only the figures left and to set it all up. 

I wont be posting the figures progress so the next will be the final reveal.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Si

• Like 7

Great work there Si. Love the way you have left the permiter edging. also the nice gravel effect.

Of course what Si is not going to tell you he has lost his SAS theodolite. Not sure how you could do that but he has. He told me 🤣.

Major Stirling is not amused.

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...