RCAF Lockheed Ventura GR-V Target Tug

I've been meaning to do this to one of my Venturas, and now I'm either completely convinced I must, or I'm going to steal your pictures and tell people I built it!
 (just kidding on that last bit)

Nicely done, indeed.

bob

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Farmerboy said:

you did that with a brush! one word ...... Genius!!!

Wow, thank you for your very kind comments.  The brushwork is easier than people think, using an airbrush would scare me!!!

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Absolutely stunning, completely flawless and a sensational subject.  The details and everything a just perfect.

Well done, I enjoyed every update of one of my favorite planes!

Thanks Anthony, very kind of you, thanks for your support too, got the yellow Anson started now, no WIP yet until I have anything worthwhile to show.

31 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

This is eye-catching and impressive on many levels. 

Thank you, yes it's very striking.  I have always wanted to do a TT, may be I should have done a smaller one !!!

2 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

I've been meaning to do this to one of my Venturas, and now I'm either completely convinced I must, or I'm going to steal your pictures and tell people I built it!
 (just kidding on that last bit)

Nicely done, indeed.

bob

Ha ha thanks Bob 😄 it certainly is bright.  I would recommend doing one it was very enjoyable. I think I have yellow fever now as I am doing another yellow machine, either that or I am a masochist!!!

Thanks everyone 

Chris

Chris,

This is absolutely stunning! Even though I've followed the WIP the photos show off the quality of your finish to be perfect! Well done mate - hats off!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

This is absolutely stunning! Even though I've followed the WIP the photos show off the quality of your finish to be perfect! Well done mate - hats off!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks for your kind words Roger and your support,  I really do appreciate it.  I am pleased with the results and it's made me think about doing my 32nd Lysander in the same scheme one day soon, but tge Anson must come first!

2 hours ago, ForestFan said:

This is stunning, the fact that you use the mark 1 hairy stick makes it even more so! Reminds me I must get some wasp repellent for when it gets warmer!

Thank you Forest Fan, very kind indeed, like it, wasp repellent 😄.

1 hour ago, theskits62 said:

That looks really good. The masking for that paint job must have been a nightmare !

Thank you very much  the masking wasn't that bad once one bit of tape in place two pairs of dividers were used to get the thickness of the stripes and the other for the gaps, if was actually quite a quick process surprisingly. 

44 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Amazing work with a hairy stick. Especially in yellow. Much respect.

Thanks Vinnie very kind,  the yellow took a few coats around 6 if I recall, but brushing on the paint is quite therapeutic.  

Thanks for your kind comments 

Chris

• Like 1

Extraordinary build Chris. To get those clean lines and perfect smooth YELLOW finish with a brush in your hand...you must be some kind of wizard 😂

Top drawer modelling 👏👏👏

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

you did that with a brush! one word ...... Genius!!!

More or less what I was thinking of saying!! I'm a brush-painter too and all that yellow make me fret. Well done and a spectacular finish :goodjob:!

Miguel

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Extraordinary build Chris. To get those clean lines and perfect smooth YELLOW finish with a brush in your hand...you must be some kind of wizard 😂

Top drawer modelling 👏👏👏

Alan

😄 Thanks Alan you are too kind, a wizard, I like it.  It is not as hard as you think with the yellow honest!!! 

34 minutes ago, shortCummins said:

very nice scheme and weathering, excellent job

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Thank John I have wanted to do a bright TT for ages.

28 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Heck Chris, that is superb, in so many ways, your paint job, the research, the mods & fabrication, just so much awesome work all coming together in one subject, what a beaut. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve for your very kind compliments,  it was a lovely kit and the fit was great and so cheap  it cost £10 which is amazing really.   I just couldn't resist this scheme when I was trawling the avaliable Decals. It certainly looks great on the display shelf  too.

11 minutes ago, Mig88 said:

More or less what I was thinking of saying!! I'm a brush-painter too and all that yellow make me fret. Well done and a spectacular finish :goodjob:!

Miguel

Thanks Miguel, you are too kind.  Like you I have always fretted about the yellow aircraft and all over silver machines too, however a few years ago conquered tge silver machines and now the yellow too, give it a go and you'll be well chuffed.   I havevthe yellow fever now and have just started an FAA yellow Anson and am going to plan the sames TT scheme on a 32nd Lysander as that will stand out on the old display shelf too.. 

Thanks all for your generous comments 

Chris

• Like 2

At the risk of repeating myself.

Oooooffffff.

It just got better and better. Incredible brush work and such a subtly weathered finish.

Looking forward to the Anson and the Lizzie.

Cheers,

Alistair

Absolutely brilliant Chris, I find yellow to be such a problematic colour to use but you've achieved perfection....WITH A BRUSH!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the Anson now. I love these under appreciated aircraft. 

Richie

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AliGauld said:

At the risk of repeating myself.

Oooooffffff.

It just got better and better. Incredible brush work and such a subtly weathered finish.

Looking forward to the Anson and the Lizzie.

Cheers,

Alistair

Wow thanks Alistair for your generous comments.   Very pleased with it.  The Anson is underway fella.  Just got to make some good progress to post.

1 hour ago, BerndM said:

Outstanding work.

Thanks Bernd  very kind.

1 hour ago, baldwin8 said:

Hard not to love yellow and black planes, you've created a beautiful piece.

Thanks Baldwin, yes they are attractive schemes.

24 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Absolutely brilliant Chris, I find yellow to be such a problematic colour to use but you've achieved perfection....WITH A BRUSH!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the Anson now. I love these under appreciated aircraft. 

Richie

Thanks Richie,  really kind if you.  The brushing is very therapeutic and very enjoyable.  Anson will be an interesting build and again bright so get the shades ready.

Thanks everyone 

Chris 

• Like 2

I love this oxydol special" Chris,..... you have done a brilliant job and yellow has to be the worse colour to brush paint `EVER',..... your masking is faultless and the result is one of the best Ventura`s that I have seen in model form,...... simply superb mate.

Why don`t you e mail a pic to Terry at Avialogy,.... I`m sure he`d love to see it if he hasn`t seen it here already,

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

I love this oxydol special" Chris,..... you have done a brilliant job and yellow has to be the worse colour to brush paint `EVER',..... your masking is faultless and the result is one of the best Ventura`s that I have seen in model form,...... simply superb mate.

Why don`t you e mail a pic to Terry at Avialogy,.... I`m sure he`d love to see it if he hasn`t seen it here already,

Cheers,

Tony

Wow thank you Tony,  that really does mean a lot coming from a master modeller thank you, I am blown away.  I might well do that. I certainly love his decals thanks Tony.

Chris

• Haha 1