Vacuform GB -A Journey into the Dark Arts 30 and Counting!

LorenSharp

9 hours ago, psdavidson said:

Wonder if we could join up with the Not My Comfort Zone GB to push that one past the post and perform our 🤘there instead; Just thinking out loud. Maybe they wouldn't welcome the heathens anyway.

That’s a very good idea, I’d be ok with that. Can we unilaterally move our whole block of 26 votes to “Not my comfort zone” or is that down to the individual? I don’t know how it all works either Loren. 
Max 

• Like 1

I would be up for joining forces with NMCZ, and if you like I will give you the reason!

For the Journey into the Dark Arts GB, my plan was to build the Rareplanes Gotha GIV that @PeterB kindly let me have (I was going to build it in the High Wing GB which incorporated the failed 'Double Decker' GB proposal but I had GB burnout). In the Not My Comfort Zone GB I was going to build the Roden Gotha GII from my stash as it scares the whatever out of me, so I could do both! That would be REALLY scary!

Hopefully @Enzo Matrix can give advice about the coalition.

Cheers, Ray

• Like 1

3 hours ago, galgos said:

That’s a very good idea, I’d be ok with that. Can we unilaterally move our whole block of 26 votes to “Not my comfort zone” or is that down to the individual? I don’t know how it all works either Loren. 
Max 

As I voted for both (I'm backing all losers at the moment) it wouldn't seem entirely fair to move my vote across (though I wouldn't object)

3 hours ago, galgos said:

Can we unilaterally move our whole block of 26 votes to “Not my comfort zone” or is that down to the individual?

since it's possible others have votes in both GBs, I think we'd all need to re-cast our votes individually. I've just done that for mine. As I said earlier, most, if not all of the ones I was supporting look like they will not make the cut.

I can squeeze almost all of the planned builds elsewhere so I've shifted support to the ones which I can crash instead.

/p

• Like 1

5 hours ago, galgos said:

Max 

Good idea, I’ll try

I would transfer my vote but I voted for "Not my comfort zone" in the first days. Maybe I'll try the Dark Arts again next year. But I do see why a dedicated Vac GB hasn't been done since 2009. It's Scary! I even decided to donate  some extra Vacs I didn't want anymore for those who wanted to try but didn't want to buy a vac. Older Wings 48 and Falcons, but easy enough to cut ones teeth on building.

• Like 2