Vacuform GB -A Journey into the Dark Arts 30 and Counting!

LorenSharp

5 hours ago, Ray S said:

I think with 30 signed up this qualifies to go into the Bunfight now, doesn't it?

I really hope this gets through!

Cheers, Ray

Yes you should contact Enzo Matrix if you haven't already. He will move it to the bunfight section. 

Ok guys We've been blessed and moved to this years bunfight (wasn't expecting this much attentionThanks to everyone) . God have mercy on our wretched souls. wait a second! This is a journey INTO the Dark arts. Don;t needs no soul, un less you be listening to Marvin Gaye. But we DO need your votes at the scheduled time. So vote for the Dark Arts of your choice, but VOTE!:devil:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

So vote for the Dark Arts of your choice, but VOTE!:devil:

Well to quote Darth Vader ‘ you don’t know the power of the dark side’ 

I’m amazed, but heartened that this one took off. I shall certainly be voting for it. Would be nice if I could find some commercial 1/48 vac forms I want to build that don’t cost a fortune, but home brewed will work just fine too.

Maybe a scratch built GB next :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Well to quote Darth Vader ‘ you don’t know the power of the dark side’ 

I’m amazed, but heartened that this one took off. I shall certainly be voting for it. Would be nice if I could find some commercial 1/48 vac forms I want to build that don’t cost a fortune, but home brewed will work just fine too.

Maybe a scratch built GB next :) 

What are you looking for? I have some duplicate vacs that could use a good home I think.

10 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

What are you looking for? I have some duplicate vacs that could use a good home I think.

I’ll build anything from the Wright  brothers up to early post war with the odd foray into the modern era. I have a weird set of default scales ahem.

1/48 is my main scale for WWI and interwar. 1/32 for racers. 1/144 for modern aircraft. With the occasional 1/72 build ( mostly stuff I get for birthdays or Christmas, because that’s the most popular scale on the local hobby/toy shops) And then of course I build AFVs in 1/72 and 1/35.

What would I like, hmm a gloster Grebe, or a nightjar, a Dragon Rapide, a Blackburn Blackburn, an AVRO Bison, a DH comet, a Fokker DVI, V8 or DXIII or an albatross DIX the list goes on and on :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, bootneck said:

I was going to join this one.   I had picked up a nice set of decals for a 1:72 Vickers Varsity but someone else snapped up the kit in the meantime!

Mike

It wasn't me! Having been caught out before I'm not adding to the stash until after the close of the Bunfight this year- only two weeks to go!

8 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

It wasn't me! Having been caught out before I'm not adding to the stash until after the close of the Bunfight this year- only two weeks to go!

Ha Ha!  I will probably have to use the decals on some other GB, or even a WiP.  Might have to get one of those new plastic kits of the Viking/Valletta and attempt a conversion to a Varsity. :fool:

cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

The Dark Arts(Vacuform) Scare  people But I did think it would do better than it has. That and the Raiders of the Lost Stash GB. Those are my two favorites so far.

• Sad 1

Scares the :poop:out of me but I signed up and voted anyway. We've only 26 votes, where are the rest?

so far, it loos like only one of the GBs I joined is going to make it, but I can shoehorn some of the builds I was planning into other GBs

Wonder if we could join up with the Not My Comfort Zone GB to push that one past the post and perform our 🤘there instead; Just thinking out loud. Maybe they wouldn't welcome the heathens anyway.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, psdavidson said:

Wonder if we could join up with the Not My Comfort Zone GB to push that one past the post and perform our 🤘there instead; Just thinking out loud. Maybe they wouldn't welcome the heathens anyway.

Im ok with this ? After all I did go and buy a vacuform kit.