MB British Bipe Triple Build

Hello all,

Today I've started on a new set of builds to add to my British collection while I wait for parts and paints to arrive for the Stranraer and a few other builds I have yet to post. Among others, I have a Persian Fury, Avro 504, and P-47 in the works. 

The classic Matchbox kits are some of my favorites, as they can produce a great model with little work, or can be upgraded as the builder wishes. The Siskin, Gladiator, and Fury have to be my favorites, and so armed with one each of the Gladiator and Fury and 2 of the Siskin, I've set out on a Triple Build. 

Triple MB Bipe Build

Additionally, I spent an embarrassing amount of money to obtain a copy of ModelDecal Sheet 31 to obtain decals for all 3.

Triple MB Bipe Build Triple MB Bipe Build

Having just built the Heller Gladiator in Chinese markings, I will be starting with the Fury and Siskin.

That's all for the moment,

Stay safe,

Tweener

• Like 9

All of them in my collection, all of them (plus the Bulldog) completed some 20 years ago with the Modeldecal 31 sheet. Which - by the way - I bought for quite unembarrassing amount of money at that time😀.

Will be watching with interest.

12 hours ago, Patrik said:

All of them in my collection, all of them (plus the Bulldog) completed some 20 years ago with the Modeldecal 31 sheet. Which - by the way - I bought for quite unembarrassing amount of money at that time😀.

Will be watching with interest.

I've been looking out for a second Bulldog to build the Nakajima JSSF No.1 with, but it looks like I'll need two more now! As for the decal sheet, I only spent a mere $67 US...

13 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Nice Trio, be good to these progress. 

Chris

Some of the best looking planes of their time in my view.

Yesterday and today, a little progress was made on both the Fury and the Siskin, and they now look like this -

MB Bipe Triple Build

MB Bipe Triple Build

The next step will be to install the landing gear on each and then painting can begin. Whilst paint dries, I've got a P-40C with an interesting scheme to photograph, as well as the Chinese Gladiator. 

That's all for the moment,

Stay safe,

Tweener

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

After some time away from the triple build, the Gladiator has been built.

Gladiator

Painting will likely begin tomorrow, once painting the Tiger Moth (hopefully) finally comes to a conclusion.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Interesting color of plastic ? 

It's almost as pleasant as the Yellow and Sky Blue Siskin kits from the same period!

• Like 1

Great start plus a wonderful reminder of those MB kits I murdered as a kid in the ‘70s & ‘80s. Those coloured sprues certainly were bright!

Edge

• 1 month later...

After a considerable delay, work has continued on this triple build. I blame paint problems on the Leopard Moth and issues finishing up a Defiant and P-47. In any case, work on the Siskin has been prioritized, and now, it is almost done. All that remains are the rudder serial numbers, right side exhaust, and windscreen. Markings were used from a Model Decal sheet to represent a machine of 43 Squadron RAF, the "Fighting Cocks". Upon retiring the Siskin, 43 took on the Hawker Fury before using Hurricanes and Spitfires during the war. Matchbox provides 43 Squadron markings with their Fury.

I took these 2 photos at the same time and place. so cant explain the difference in brightness.

Siskin Progress Siskin Progress

Work should be finished tomorrow, and then painting on the Gladiator will begin. Work on the Fury is postponed while I await the possible reception of a 1/72 "High Speed Fury", for which I may need the landing gear and some struts from the MB kit.

More soon, hopefully. Uni starts in just over 2 weeks, and I have several projects to finish. I'll do well not to rush.

Thanks all,

Tweener

• Like 3