Jui Jitsu on Netflix..... Another Nic Cage Stinker!

This movie is a very blatant Predator rip-off mixed with every martial-arts movie ever made. And it has Nic Cage, phoning in yet another dreadful performance to get a nice pay-cheque. 

The scene in which Cage fought the Pred.... sorry, the alien visitor is one of the funniest things I've seen for ages. When you get a brief look at the alien's face, it looks AWFUL. 

Cliched, awful script..... an imaginative twelve-year-old could have done a better job. The "big" fight-scene at the end is just horrible and not worth the wait. 

Watch ONLY if you love bad movies (you know who you are!)

Chris.   

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Cannotacto Reeves and, Brad Pitt!

Reeves, yes. Brad Pitt I think is a much better actor than most folks give him credit for. I think his "pretty-boy image" has stuck to him, even though he must be well into his fifties, now. 

Chris. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/29/2021 at 2:43 PM, Beermonster1958 said:

I still cannot forgive him for what was (Achilles death in Troy) probably the most hilariously bad death scene in the history of movie death scenes/😉🤣

Troy was a bit of a stinker generally. Yet another example of a Hollywood movie with too much money and WAY too little decent scriptwriting.

Chris.   

On 4/29/2021 at 9:45 PM, spruecutter96 said:

Reeves, yes. Brad Pitt I think is a much better actor than most folks give him credit for. 

Then try and watch Ad Astra costarring Tommy Lee Jones. I felt confused after watching this awful movie. Also try Burn After Reading by The Coen Brothers, that also stars Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich and Tilda Swinton, that's a much better movie.

Edited by Mick4350
I hate autocorrect.

Have to agree with you on "Ad Astra", Mick. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. It might be worth pointing out that Pitt was playing a man who deeply suppressed his emotions, as a defence-mechanism. Having said that, I have met house-bricks with more spark than his character. The more illogical aspects of the film made me shake my head in despair on several occasions. 

Chris. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

I presume you are referring to the 1981 Das Boot?

A fabulous choice. Especially if you have the full length TV version.

Yes, I saw the director's edition  cut that is on Netflix.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think the only movies that are worse than Nick Cage movies are Steven Seagal movies, now they really are bad. They’re not even funny.

If you want a movie that’s so bad it’s good try Sharknado. The most amazing thing about this movie is that they made Sharknado II. And III…..

Graham

I believe the full title of the Sharknado sequel was "Sharknado II: The Second One". They must have spent several milliseconds thinking that one up...! At least they're happy to acknowledge that they are intentionally making complete trash. 

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

Have to agree that Nicolas Cage has made some utter stinkers, but also stars in one of my favourite films ever, Leaving Las Vegas. But I do like stuff that starts tragically and gets progressively worse. Les Mis anybody?

SD