BMW E36 328i

My first completed build in a number of years and my first posted here.  Revell kit, originally the Red Bull OTM 320i, bought second hand, missing the decals and the chassis part started. What I really wanted was a nice, straight forward build to get me back into the swing of modelling but I properly chose the wrong kit for this!! I guess this kit is typical of Revell's offerings from this era and it fought me every step of the way, not helped by the fact that I wanted to make a few mods along the way too.  Luckily the inspiration of the subject kept me going....

After a few different ideas (including a convertible conversion that was clearly beyond my ability) I settled on the idea of a track car, the type of thing you'd see at one of the many club/track days at UK circuits.  Parts were pulled from various sources to give the look I wanted. The wheels are from Tamiya's S2000, the spoiler from a Honda Integra, the seats from Revell's Ferrari F50, mirrors from a Porsche 996 and the RHD dash/gear lever/handbrake combo came from the spares box but possibly originated from a Tamiya Merc SL? Paint is Porsche Arctic Silver from Zero Paints (which is a reasonable match for BMW's Titanium Silver and I also had plenty of it to use up) with Halfords clear.

20b1Z6g.jpg?1

YyzkxWT.jpg

bsfo9ng.jpg

jMeXSLX.jpg

sj0sVaJ.jpg

2eWJxiH.jpg

• Like 14