1/32 - Messerschmitt Bf.109 family by Zoukei-Mura - Bf.109G-14 released

Homebee

4 hours ago, Scooby said:

Huge error on my part, I have ZM and GWH crossed.

Yes,it seems GWH kit is way ahead.pics of the engine just gost posted,unbelievable detail! I hope it doesn't have the same parts breakdown as the Hasegawa one,with that nasty join mid fuselage.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Messerschmitt Bf.109 family by Zoukei-Mura - parts in design and test model
  • 3 months later...

"I got the doctor

To take your picture

So I can look at you from inside as well"

This really better belongs in "Rumourmonger" [edit: where, indeed, there have long since been threads for them].  I'm afraid it is a "ho hum" announcement for me personally, but I'm happy for those it makes happy.

Edited by gingerbob

53 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

"I got the doctor

To take your picture

You alright there Bob? :hmmm:

54 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

This really better belongs in "Rumourmonger" [edit: where, indeed, there have long since been threads for them].  I'm afraid it is a "ho hum" announcement for me personally, but I'm happy for those it makes happy.

I'll merge them down once I find it.

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

You alright there Bob? :hmmm:

1 hour ago, gingerbob said:

"I got the doctor

To take your picture

I think Bob is having a dig from left field at the  style of ZM kits where oh so much detail and work into the internal structure gets closed up and lost to view. I get his point if I understand him correctly 

If the dimensions and shapes were 100% right and if it was bang on and half the usual ZM price without the invisible internals then maybe I’d go for one but as I have plenty 109’s and 190’s already I’m really not tempted otherwise. 
I have bought ZM kits but for models of types not otherwise available at the time of manufacture eg the HE 219

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

John's got it- lyrics from "Turning Japanese", and note that while it may be true of the song itself, it is not meant by me to be any sort of racial/cultural comment- though I did think that if I'm right in remembering them to be a Japanese company, then it could be taken as an even more clever reference.

(from left field is my preferred way to "dig")

psst, hey @Mike, here's a start:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234928643-132-focke-wulf-fw190af-by-zoukei-mura/

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235092242-132-messerschmitt-bf109-family-by-zoukei-mura-parts-in-design-and-test-model/&tab=comments#comment-4060012

Edited by gingerbob
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Messerschmitt Bf.109 family by Zoukei-Mura - parts in design and test model - Bf.109G-14 release June 2022
  • 4 weeks later...

Source: https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_114.html

And as I write this, here in front of me is the test build of the 1/32 Bf 109 G-14 which has finally passed the prototype mockup stage and the initial stage of injection molding, “test-shot #1,” from the tooling factory, and just had its details checked and adjusted by our team.

From here, we will continue to modify and improve it over and over, until “test-shot #5.” If it can manage to pass our final inspection, at long last the mass production will begin. Following the mock-up photos from my previous blog, I would like to share this in-depth update with you that fills me with both joyous anticipation and nervous anxiety.

This test-build prototype will also be used as a sample model to check the assembly process for the instruction manual included with the kit, and to test the included decals, so it is already very close to the final product.
Even for those who are not huge fans of Luftwaffe aircraft, this kit is unmissable for all modelers who want to build a collection of the most successful and famous WWII fighters using SWS kits.

I was surprised to see that the Bf 109 would be released before the Fw 190, another Luftwaffe aircraft that we started development on earlier. My heart is full-to-bursting with surprise and joy.
What’s that you say? “I feel the same way”?
Yes, of course you do! This incredibly famous aircraft, which was active throughout Europe and North Africa during WWII, will soon be appearing before your eyes as an SWS kit. Please look forward to it with anticipation.

To commemorate the first release in the 1/32 Bf 109 kit series, a special limited-edition pre-order version will be available, featuring the G-14 piloted by Erich Hartmann, the WWII Luftwaffe ace who shot down the largest number of aircraft in the history of air combat.

In addition to the Cartograf-printed exclusive decals featuring the famous black tulip, a resin figure of Hartmann himself by Master Box will also be included with each pre-ordered kit!
This bonus will only be included with the kits pre-ordered during the designated period. Be sure to keep an eye out for it so you don't miss out!

img_114b002.jpg?update2

*Image shows a test-shot used to test fitting, and therefore parts from different variations are included together.

▋With a compact fuselage structure that retains the cross-sectional area of the DB 605 engine, the wing structure and internal construction of the Bf 109, which also excelled at hit-and-run attacks, have been recreated in a way that only SWS kits can. Furthermore, the operation and structure of the radiator flaps and ailerons is clearly understandable from the faithful replication.
On the right is the resin model of Captain Hartmann (as he was ranked in 1944) that comes with the limited-edition kit commemorating the kit’s release.

img_114b003.jpg

*Image shows a test-shot used to test fitting, and therefore parts from different variations are included together.

▋Check it out! This is heart of the Bf 109 G-14! The top of the DB 605 is equipped with an MG-17 machine gun, and the Bf 109's unique cockpit, neatly configured like one big mass of rationality revealing the genius of Messerschmitt.
You can feel the true sense of unity between the aircraft and the pilot, who had to cram his body into that confined cockpit.
Following the great success of the B-type in the Spanish Civil War that broke out in 1936, the aircraft evolved into the C-, D-, and E-types, finally becoming the world's most powerful fighter with the F-type, and then the G- and K-types, which continued to be developed throughout WWII until the end of the war.

img_114b004.jpg

▋From this angle you can get the greatest sense of the actual aircraft, as only an SWS kit can give you. The connection between the fuselage and wings reveals the deepest secrets of this aircraft. The replication showing the operation of the main landing gear and its structure is an incredible wonder to behold. The connection of the engine to the fuselage shows painstaking effort. The structure of the radiator flaps, which may have contributed to the aircraft’s revolutionary performance improvement, is another highlight. The propeller mounting is a precise creation of mechanical prowess that is distinctive to the Luftwaffe, and one just can’t look away.
One of its very few weaknesses is the small fuel tank, which carried only 400 liters, perhaps due to the narrow airspace. I could go on and on, there so more to enjoy about this kit!

img_114b005.jpg

▋If you realized “Aha! That’s a G-14!” from just a glance at this photo, you are truly a passionate Bf 109 fan. The Bf 109 was the only Luftwaffe fighter aircraft that continued to fight valiantly until the very end against the surging Allied aircraft that filled the sky. From Africa to the east and the west, to central Europe and the homeland air defense of Germany, the Bf 109 flew over many skies with the loud roar of its DB 605 engine.
From the outbreak of WWII in 1939 to the end of the war in 1945, the Bf 109 gave way to many ace pilots until it finally disappeared into the yonder. Still, its brave form is still burned into the mind’s eye of all aircraft aficionados.

V.P.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

- ref. - Messerschmitt Bf.109G-14/U4 "Erich Hartmann"

https://hobby.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992230856.html

https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/products/sws18_bf109G-14_hartmann.html

The special limited-edition Bf 109 kit featuring the aircraft piloted by Erich Hartmann, the WWII Luftwaffe ace who shot down the largest number of aircraft in the history of air combat, will be available via pre-order only. In addition to the Cartograf-printed exclusive decals featuring the famous black tulip, a resin figure of Hartmann himself by Master Box will also be included with each limited-edition kit! From the outbreak of WWII in 1939 to the end of the war in 1945, the Bf 109 gave way to many ace pilots until it finally disappeared into the yonder. Now it will be revived as an SWS kit!

main-visual-No114-en.jpg

FJGy1r-Kac-AQ8-ITt.jpg

4518992230856-a.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Source: https://www.facebook.com/volksusascale/posts/2977973909130881

In just a few hours, the SWS Fan Meeting will start in Akihabara, Japan in celebration of our 10th Anniversary.

Here are some pictures during set up; check out that Bf 109G!

271889978-2977973189130953-6887845964815

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 1:10 PM, 11bravo said:

Looks amazing but I really wish they would have included an option for the tall tail, which the vast majority of -14's had fitted.   

I'm pretty sure it will be included, the tall tail is on sprue F together with the water-methanol tank. And the tank is used in the instructions, so sprue F should be in the kit. I don't see any gates to seperate the tail, so, I think it will be in there.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...