SE5a STGB

Peter Lloyd

Alright you, just as it says.  Did I go for a 'biplanes GB'? 'Wood, canvas and wire'? Nor even, 'Great War'?

No. No compromise.  You've had your fun with your Spitfires and Messerschmitts and Mustangs.  It's time for you personally to step up, do something a bit difficult, and do honour to the greatest aircraft* of that war we prefer to forget.  The fast, simple, effective, workmanlike, SE5a.

Be courageous.  Embrace the challenge.  Sign on.

(* in my opinion)

• Like 2

Throwing the proverbial hat in, top two choices would Major R.S.Dallas’s 40 Squadron camouflaged kite. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-8453-se5a-hispano-suiza--1154514

or the all Red Wolseley viper ? 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-8454-se5a-wolseley-viper--1112967

Just don't expect me to Rig the darn thing. Thats a dark art that just continually eludes me and for my sanity wont pursue again

Dennis

Yes definitely up for this one, no idea which kit. or maybe another chance to have a go at a scratch build....great idea Peter.

Mark.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There is a nice set of decals by Leading Edge Models out now with early post WW1 markings in 1/72nd and 1/48th. Hop this will inspire some. I did post my 72nd ESCI build here not so long ago now.

Might I suggest broadening the proposal out to the Royal Aircraft factory which would then bring in the BE2c, BE2 and the RE8 among other types. For what it’s worth I find GBs more interesting than STGBs anyway ( I also have a BE12 in the stash :) )

Edited by Marklo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...