Airfix Beaufort (no.2)

This is my second Beaufort so I thought I'd build it slightly differently with the weapons bay doors closed and another colour scheme. In fact, I think I prefer it in these colors to the green/brown/sky variant.

Built the same as my other one by using just some of the Eduard cockpit set, their wheels and of course the wonderfully useful canopy masks.

Hopefully the next one will be a Mk.VII using one of Uncle Les's conversion sets from Australia as featured on Hyperscale during the past couple of days.

Decals for this one came from the Kits World sheet.

Thanks for looking again. 

51119644985_1f01bec99a_b.jpgBA

51118280837_c667ac8f9b_b.jpgBB 

51118602499_467e1800f3_b.jpgBC 

51118602379_dd769b779d_b.jpgBD 

51119645060_fecbdd9fb5_b.jpgBE 

• Like 60
  • Thanks 1

You’ve mastered this excellent new tool kit. Well done, that’s turned out brilliantly and once again the canopy framing and internal details are  faithfully reproduced. 
Cheers and very well modelled (again).. Dave 

Very nice Beaufort you have there. High Planes are producing a set to convert the Airfix kit to an RAAF variant, which looks of a higher standard.. might be worth the wait their Spit Vc set is superb.

10 minutes ago, Slywolff said:

Very nice Beaufort you have there. High Planes are producing a set to convert the Airfix kit to an RAAF variant, which looks of a higher standard.. might be worth the wait their Spit Vc set is superb.

Thank you. Ah, thats interesting to know. I've used their stuff before and always been pleased. Will go and have a look. 

10 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Beautifully done!  You really mastered this, as others have said, and in record time, too!  How do you do your washes, especially around the canopy frames?  They really look nice!!!!

Thank you. The canopy frames aren’t washed as such, maybe it’s just the light..? The washes in the panel lines is just very thin black/dark grey enamel paint flowed in by capillary action then let try for a few minutes and wiped away. Very simple really but it does require the panel lines to be consistent and not too deep or it looks odd. Hope that helps?

• Thanks 1