1 hour ago, mcdonnell said:

Thank you so much,Bernd.The German ‘F-4F’ is drawing nearer too!😉👍

I can t wait to see your F-4F finished. It looks great so far ( not a surprise to me ):worthy:

Have a great weekend :elephant:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Wow - fantastic! This looks more like a die-cast model than a plastic kit assembled and painted by hand - absolutely superb, well done.

Thank you so much,Longhorn.I’m afraid I’m a bit ‘Old School’ and in many ways my builds reflect that. Believe it or not,I did add a very subtle panel line and detail wash on this. The whole model was airbrushed apart from the actual ‘Tiger Stripes’ which were individually hand-painted using a very fine brush and good old Humbrol 85 Satin Black.😉👍

• Like 2

You've produced a beautiful build. Where did you find the second external fuel tank, as the kit comes with only one. At least the one I'm working on now did.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SAT69 said:

You've produced a beautiful build. Where did you find the second external fuel tank, as the kit comes with only one. At least the one I'm working on now did.

Hello,SAT69 - Thank you so much.You’re quite correct in saying the kit comes only with a main ‘centreline’ tank.The Lakeheath-based aircraft usually carry the two underwing tanks and I made these myself from narrow-bore plastic electrical tube and plasticard,filed and sanded to shape.

A kit of this price should include the outer wing tanks as an option without doubt.😉👍

36 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Superb build and beautifully presented, your standards are as high as ever.

Hello and thank you so much,Gary.I must thank you for your much appreciated Email earlier this week.I’ll have time this weekend to send a proper reply.😉👍

• Like 1

That is a very, very nice build. You mentioned up above "old school". Forgive a newbie question as I try to expand my knowledge of things now vs. building kits 30+ years ago as a child would that mean a less weathered, more factory fresh style of painting? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Solvent Parrot said:

That is a very, very nice build. You mentioned up above "old school". Forgive a newbie question as I try to expand my knowledge of things now vs. building kits 30+ years ago as a child would that mean a less weathered, more factory fresh style of painting?

Hello,Solvent Parrot - Thank you so much.No need to apologise for your question,my friend.You’re suggestion regarding what I termed ‘Old School’ is absolutely correct.Less weathered,more factory fresh.
That’s just my preference but I more than respect and admire those amongst us who weather their models so superbly and realistically.😉👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

That's a lovely model, the hand painted stripes look absolutely stunning,  great work .

Chris

Hello and thank you so much,Chris.The striping was the last major stage of the painting stage at which point I felt a little daunted.It was a time consuming process for sure but in a strange way quite therapeutic.I know modellers out there with more advanced airbrush skills than I have would probably do them freehand but I felt more in control with a brush!😂👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Great work!   I love the hand-painted stripes so much, what a cool touch!   Super scale modeling here mcdonnell.    :clap2:

but wait, is it a "Tiger", or a "Panther"?  :D

Hello and thank you so much,Gary.I know - a Tiger or a Panther!?!

One thing’s for sure - she’s far from purrfect!?!😂👍

Another expert build, great discipline in painting all those stripes and keeping a uniform appearance.

You really are back with a bang 👏👏👏

Alan

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Another expert build, great discipline in painting all those stripes and keeping a uniform appearance.

You really are back with a bang 👏👏👏

Alan

Hello,Alan - Once again,thank you so much.By the time I finished those stripes I was seeing them in my sleep!?!😂👍

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello and thank you so much,Chris.The striping was the last major stage of the painting stage at which point I felt a little daunted.It was a time consuming process for sure but in a strange way quite therapeutic.I know modellers out there with more advanced airbrush skills than I have would probably do them freehand but I felt more in control with a brush!😂👍

Hi, I know what you mean about it being therapeutic,  I am a brush painter and only commented a day or two ago on my WIP about finding it therapeutic myself. 

You have done a cracking job on the stripes. 

Chris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

A kit of this price should include the outer wing tanks as an option without doubt.😉👍

A pair of travel pods would be nice too. I've seen numerous photos of Lakenheath Eagles carrying two, and sometimes four, of them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi, I know what you mean about it being therapeutic,  I am a brush painter and only commented a day or two ago on my WIP about finding it therapeutic myself. 

You have done a cracking job on the stripes. 

Chris

Hello and thank you once again,Chris.I appreciate your kind feedback and I’ll catch up with your WIP build.😉👍

• Like 1