Eurofighter reference books

DeepSea

27 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Reference for what exactly?

Modelling?

Markings, development  history?

Apologies - I should have been clearer. Modelling. Particularly detail shots. 

I'll take a look at the one you linked - many thanks for that.

David

On 17/04/2021 at 08:33, tonywood said:

I found the Haynes manual very useful, plenty of detail photos of RAF Typhoons in there. Was invaluable when I built my Hasegawa one.

Cheers Tony, I'll try and get ahold of that one as well.

David

Hi DeepSea, Are the main subjects in this book German Air Force as per the cover? At some point in the distant future i'll be building a Typhoon in RAF colours so would be looking for detailed pictures of RAF machines. I have the Tornado edition of this series and am quite impressed with the detail close up pictures. Thanks for any help. 

On 26/04/2021 at 11:50, MT1 said:

Hi DeepSea, Are the main subjects in this book German Air Force as per the cover? At some point in the distant future i'll be building a Typhoon in RAF colours so would be looking for detailed pictures of RAF machines. I have the Tornado edition of this series and am quite impressed with the detail close up pictures. Thanks for any help. 

Apologies @MT1 I missed your post.

My plan is for a RAF one too. The detail photos seem to be mostly a mix of Italian and Spanish birds - with some German and a few RAF ones. That being said I think a lot of what's in there is going to be applicable to all of them - if there's specific areas you're interested in then let me know and I'll see if I can let you know what there is for that.

I will say I'm glad I bought it though 🙂

David

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The HMH Publications book is a "must have", I would say. I've bought several of their publications on modern fighters and each one is just what a keen model-maker needs.

Chris.  

• Like 1

There's also the question of "which kit"? For example in 1/72 the Airfix "Eurofighter Typhoon" kit actually is nothing such although the early boxings were accurate as a "Eurofighter Development Artifact" (whether later boxngs have DA decals is unknown to me); The Hasegawa is an accurate Luftwaffe or RAF early interceptor (but don't fit it with Air to Ground Munitions); The Revell kit is pretty accurate for later upgrades, even an RAF FGA4 with a swing role loadout, although I think it still lacks the 2 Paveway pylons that fit between the drop tank / Storm Shadow ones and the ASRAAM pylons.