MENG 1:24 GT40

baldwin8

I dislike the term "7,O L" engine - that sounds just like a small water bucket - so we'd better call it the legendary 427 (cubic inch) that it is. I saw the movie sitting in the back row of course, and by God it felt like that V-8 would've roared right behind my back! Wonderful!

44 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Depending how much it is, if all you want is an engine then it might be better to buy one of scaleproduction’s exquisite 3D printed ones...

https://www.scaleproduction.de/product_info.php?info=p2467_engine-kits---1----12.html

best,

M.

Yes, I know there are good engine kits for the Fujimi.

It was more a light hearted way of saying that I'm disappointed with several exterior aspects that Meng show here, and that are also present on their 1/12 kit.

It will no doubt build well though.

3 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Depending how much it is, if all you want is an engine then it might be better to buy one of scaleproduction’s exquisite 3D printed ones...

HobbyEasy has the price of 335HKD, for me that is 53CDN, 31GBP or 43USD and 36EUR.

On 4/19/2021 at 8:48 AM, Sabrejet said:

Yet again, they have boxed a Ford Mk.II as a "GT40". It does make one wonder what else is incorrect...

And where does one go to find a good article to build a reasonably correct Mk.II

14 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Yet again, they have boxed a Ford Mk.II as a "GT40". It does make one wonder what else is incorrect...

Oh, come on... the Fujimi kits are badged GT40, as is the Haynes Manual I have and the Octane article I’m using as build reference. I have a Union kit described as a Ford GT MkIV, but I think it’s safe to say most people would know what you’re selling if you call it a GT40, not so much a “Ford Mk.2” For some reason, people do seem to want to take a pop at Meng for these kits, and are finding increasingly sketchy ways to do it...

beat,

M.

• Like 3