Luftwaffe (and Wehrmacht) equipment on display in Moscow (link)

Werdna

Hi all

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I did a quick search and couldn't see anything obvious.

A lot of fascinating pictures here documenting captured German military equipment on display in Moscow during and after the war.  Including (about 3/4 down the first page) an image of what appears to be possibly a Fw190D-11 or D-13.  Whether this particular a/c had been previously documented, I'm not sure.  The whole thread is well worth a look for the pics alone.  

https://smolbattle.ru/threads/Выставки-трофейной-техники.61701/?fbclid=IwAR2AdKZkUEsYgUe1HzmLTFxwe59QL34_LehV2RXgd-EMIbr8RUmP7BgYpj8

• Like 8

It's not just German gear, there are Russian tanks in there as well, although it's quite possible they had been captured and used by the Germans, then re-captured by the Russians!

I was intrigued to see early long-nosed, stepped-windscreen He111s in there, I had thought those were generally out of use by that time, maybe they they had second-line roles such

as communications, VIP transport, etc.

• Like 1

Hello, Fifer54

Those early Heinkels had been captured at Stalingrad along with plenty other "emergency" and regular transports. Other weapons had been captured, too. I think captured Panzer III tanks formed a basis for a new SU-76 I (I stands for inostrany or foreing, I think) version of this type of self-propelled gun. Cheers

Jure

Very interesting. If only you go there with a digital camera and a bunch of colour cards. 

The film sequence is very good. The organisers seemed to have gathered as many aircraft and materiel as possible. An enthusiasts dream. I also noticed how many young ladies in pretty summer dresses kept appearing and re-appearing. Surely not posed? 😂 But it was noticeable how the Tiger seemed very popular with the soldiers. 

Nice find. 

It's very good.

Many interesting picture, and a little surprise:

On the first page is a picture of a Junkers W 34 with British roundels!

It's the plane from Austria?

(You find the picture after the railway destroying pictures)

modelldoc