General modelling chat area?

Probably not, we would end up moving topics in there back into the correct forum areas where they should have been posted in the first instance. ;)

no point in having another area duplicating the function of other forum areas.

• 2 months later...

I appreciate @Greg B 's point about moving subjects and overall moderation issues but I have had two subjects this weekend to illustrate the possible need for a Modelling Chat Area.

One regarding models, of any type, that did not match the real thing - post in What Ifs.

News about a new model shop opening locally - not posted as I cannot see a home for it.

25 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

News about a new model shop opening locally - not posted as I cannot see a home for it.

Thread in chat area already about model shops in the UK

4 minutes ago, treker_ed said:

Thread in chat area already about model shops in the UK

Thanks for this but it did not show up in the first few pages of a  search and Chat says "Non-Modelling Related Chat" so I avoided posting a new entry there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul821 said:

Thanks for this but it did not show up in the first few pages of a  search and Chat says "Non-Modelling Related Chat" so I avoided posting a new entry there.

It does seem silly and counter intuitive that we're advised to post miscellaneous modelling threads in a section labelled 'none modelling related chat'.

If there's no appetite for creating a stand alone 'general modelling chat' section, maybe just amend the description of the existing chat section to eliminate the confusion?

Edited by -Ian-

The thing is, it may be labelled "Non Modelling Related Chat", but there are at least four topics on the first page which are model related, and one is a long running topic.So far it seems to have worked out fine, so "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

John. 

• Like 2

Model shops aren't modelling. Modelling topics are about the building to completion. Its shopping, or to be more precise for the majority of this membership; Stashing.  ;)

We could have a lot more topic areas, but its more places to look after, more places to move from and to and more places for members to get their heads around.