Anycubic photon mono x vs Phrozen Sonic Mini 4k

lesthegringo

Hi all, I am considering getting a 3d Resin printer for amongst other things making parts for modelling. I have the budget for either of the printers mentioned in the title, and can't decide on which. I actually can afford more, but from what I can find on line these two seem to be very well considered, and more expensive printers don't seem to offer big advantages over them despite higher prices. I have a budget of 1200 quid, but don't see the sense in spending more than I have to.

So it seems to come down to these two, and now I need to know the experience from anyone who uses them to make parts for models. The main advantage of the Mono X is the larger build volume and area, and the fast print speed, but the Mini 4k has a finer resolution. Both are 4K printers, so the resolution of the Mono X is good, but not as fine as the Mini 4K. What I wat to know is whether this potentially better resolution translates into materially better prints. Clearly larger parts are going to be less common so if 95% of my bits are capable of being done with a better finish, I would prioritise that over the ability to do occasional larger parts. However if there is no difference in quality of the finished parts then clearly the larger printer is the most intelligent choice.

I have searchd on line for direct comparisons and have not found any; the comparisons are generally more stacked towards similar priced printers, which these are not - one is twice the price of the other

So, for the purposes of modelling, does anyone have experience of either of these two printers?

Cheers

Les