BICKERTON new member

BICKERTON

Hi friends!

I have just registered as a new member. I am a Belgian french speaking native aged 70, now retired in Jávea, Costa Blanca, Spain.

Some time ago, I have retreived from my attic a vintage scale model box of Revell 1:250 HMS BLIGH, a Buckley Class Captain Class Frigate which I bought 30 years ago !

It is my intention to build it as HMS BICKERTON K466 because of lack of photos, info and documents about HMS BLIGH.

I think that the suggested camo and colour scheme instructions on the original revell assembly instruction sheet are erroneous.

I've read a lot of relevant litterature by famous authors like Alan RAVEN and James DUFF from Sovereign Hobbies but I am still in doubt as to what HMS BICKERTON camouflage looked like when it was torpedoed in August 1944.

If forced into a corner, I would say it was overall Off White with a G10 triangle at the bow and 2 other geometrical forms mid ship and at the rear of the hull, painted B55...

I have decided to join Britmodeller forum to seek other members' pieces of advice, opinions and assistance although I know that very few Captain Class Frigates scale models builders are very few....

Thanks for reading me

• Like 2

Gidday Bickerton, welcome aboard. I did a Buckley class USS England in 1/700 last year in a Group Build. But being USN the camo scheme is different (all one colour) from what you require so it's probably not much help to you. If anyone on the forum can help you it's probably Jamie Duff and his colleagues. What I'd suggest is to post your questions in the maritime section (if you haven't already). You might catch the attention of more knowledgeable naval types that way. I'm very interested in seeing yours come to life when you build her.

Regards, Jeff.

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your quick reaction to my post !

The truth is very few members are familiar with Buckley Class Captain Class frigates...

It is a pity because they are nice ships and played a prominent part in ASW during WWII.

Like you , I do believe James Duff ( all members use to call him Jamie, apparently)  is the most likely person to be able to help me in my project. It is my intention to try and get in touch with him , He knows a lot about colour schemes and camo patterns for R.N. ships of WWII

I looking forward to receive relevant infos about that topic and will keep you informed if you are interested.

Please excuse the poor quality of my English because I am a French native speaker.

Thanks for your post

Regards

Gidday Again, your English is very good, much better than mine, but then I'm Australian so that wouldn't be difficult. 😁 I noticed that you also posted in the maritime section so hopefully you'll get some help and advice there. Regards, Jeff.

Hi Dennis

Thanks for your post and for welcoming me on the forum.

I am much older now but I made a lot of  aircrafts when I was younger, many of them 1:72 scale and some 1:32 ( Mistubishi A6M, P40, P51D, Raiden, Me 109G..)

I still have 3  kits waiting for me to build them : Spitfire MkI, Hawker hurricane and Me 109 E, all of them scale1:32

I am focussing on Revell vintage 1:250  HMS BLIGH box  at the moment but I sure will be back on the forums when I get started with the planes..

Thanks for your interest

Take care

Regards

• Like 1