1/72 - Martin XB-51 by MikroMir - released

Homebee

One I've been waiting on. I agree that the XB-46 and the XB-48 would be welcome companions in 1/72nd scale. I will not be happy until every experimental American jet warplane of the 40's and 50's is kitted in 1/72nd scale IM plastic, and even then, it will be a close thing (me being happy, I mean).

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Learstang said:

One I've been waiting on. I agree that the XB-46 and the XB-48 would be welcome companions in 1/72nd scale. I will not be happy until every experimental American jet warplane of the 40's and 50's is kitted in 1/72nd scale IM plastic, and even then, it will be a close thing (me being happy, I mean).

Add to that list a nice modern 1:72 kit of the Republic XF-12 Rainbow. What a gorgeous aircraft. Our only choices at present are Anigrand and vacuform. Need I say more.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Navy Bird said:

Add to that list a nice modern 1:72 kit of the Republic XF-12 Rainbow. What a gorgeous aircraft. Our only choices at present are Anigrand and vacuform. Need I say more.

Cheers,

Bill

Well, Bill, I love late piston-engined aircraft along with early jets, so let's add the XF-11 to this list also. And the XP-72 - there was a beast! And the XTB2D-1 Skypirate, that was a real monster - I'd love to see that in IM plastic (I have the rather nice Planet Models kit, but it's all-resin)!

Best Regards,

Jason

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Martin XB-51 by MikroMir - 3D renders+box art - release in 2023 ?

I'll take one and hope it sells enough for them to do some more of the cancelled US bomber projects. Personally, I'd love to see a Martin XB-68 supersonic medium tactical bomber , which looked like a cross between a TSR2 and an F-104 and reached the mock-up stage. Not even Anigrand did that one.

Edited by Middo
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 4:36 AM, Middo said:

I'll take one and hope it sells enough for them to do some more of the cancelled US bomber projects. Personally, I'd love to see a Northrop XB-68 supersonic medium tactical bomber , which looked like a cross between a TSR2 and an F-104 and reached the mock-up stage. Not even Anigrand did that one.

MARTIN XB-68

On 2/27/2023 at 4:36 AM, Middo said:

I'll take one and hope it sells enough for them to do some more of the cancelled US bomber projects. Personally, I'd love to see a Northrop XB-68 supersonic medium tactical bomber , which looked like a cross between a TSR2 and an F-104 and reached the mock-up stage. Not even Anigrand did that one.

MARTIN XB-68, looked like a larger XF-90.

Just when I bought a Vacform version on Ebay! I wonder if the guy who sold it knew about this?

I do hope that they do a decent job on it. Their AW 52 was awful but from what I have seen their DH 108 was good.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Martin XB-51 by MikroMir - 3D renders+box art - release in April(?) 2023
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Martin XB-51 by MikroMir - 3D renders+box art+sprues+decals - release in April 2023
10 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I hope it goes together without all that brass. Been waiting a loooooong time for one of these.

🐔

I hope that tailplane isn't as big as it looks ....(compared to the ejection seat sides on the photoetch its wayyy to big ...(As is the anigrand one)  the engines look to bd in proportion tho which is a huge plus ....really hoping they used thd Ginter book plans ....

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Martin XB-51 by MikroMir - released

Frankly, I'd buy this even if I wasn't into post-war 'what if' builds - anything to help a Ukrainian producer at this time. I just hope some make it through to the UK suppliers. As it lost out to the Canberra mine will go into Vietnam War camouflage.

• Like 3

AKA the Gilbert XF-120, which showed a regrettable tendency to shed a wing.  What, no transfers for this incarnation?

Reference is to a William Holden film in the late 50s.  Late by the time it reached Horden fleapit, anyway.  (50s slang for the local cinema.  Terrible to be at an age when you have to explain all your slang.  Or have it explained to you.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

AKA the Gilbert XF-120, which showed a regrettable tendency to shed a wing.  What, no transfers for this incarnation?

Reference is to a William Holden film in the late 50s.  Late by the time it reached Horden fleapit, anyway.  (50s slang for the local cinema.  Terrible to be at an age when you have to explain all your slang.  Or have it explained to you.)

Great film!   I wish it had Gilbert transfers too !