Revell 1/72 Boeing P-26 Peashooter (Not OOB)

Good evening my fellow afflicted model builders!

Now my Easter eggs are finished and safely in the display cabinet, it's time to get back on track with a 'real world' project. And here what found its way to my bench:

IMG_20210209_215812

Maybe I needed a short, stubby and colourful aeroplane in my collection... I don't know but I wanted to build one for some time. And now is the time!

So here's what's in the box:

IMG_20210209_220425

IMG_20210209_220437

IMG_20210209_220453

IMG_20210209_220504

Thankfully for everyone involved, a throne and a mummy are included.

There is only one option as far as colour schemes are concerned but that's all I need. I want this!

IMG_20210209_220202

Already thinking of panting and masking for most of that instead of using the decals but we'll see what happens in the end.

But that's wasn't enough for me. I wanted more pieces and more ways to mess things up and ruin everything. So I got me a detail set:

IMG_20201230_115629

(No I'm not using that propeller, the kit's own is better)

Then I got me some reference material, a bottle of primer (first time I'll be using white primer) and because I wasn't sure about the blue I got me a few different ones to try so that I can decide, maybe.

IMG_20210211_200142

And finally I thought it would be a good idea to try bracing this time...

IMG_20210306_161153

So guys... wish me luck!

• Like 8

These are interesting looking and colourful machines. Detail kit will certainly help and looks good.  Good luck with your build. 

Chris

I built another boxing of this kit recently and the decals for the wheel spats and cowling were completely rubbish shape-wise. I doubt they remeasured them for this release so be prepared to do some masking here.

Hi DF,

I'll pull up a chair and follow along, if I may? The P-26 is such a great little plane.

I built one of these very kits when I was about ten years old (40+ years ago!), it was a good little kit and, bizarrely, I seem to recall that it came packaged with an Easter Egg! It was my first (and, to date, only) attempt at rigging, and at that tender age I used white cotton :D you can imagine how overscale it was, and hairy, too!

Looking forward to seeing this one come together - you might even inspire me to try another one after all these years :)

Cheers,

Mark