Imai Captain Scarlet Spectrum Helicopter

This is the old Imai Spectrum Helicopter from Gerry Anderson's 60s TV show Captain Scarlet.   I removed its toy-like features of working missiles and a huge under fuselage container for a battery to make it more like the studio model.  

spacer.png

I'm a bit disappointed in how it turned out.  I tinted the main cabin windows to hide the big old electric motor and wish I had ditched the motor and fitted a few seats and left the windows clear.  The tinting has changed the whole look of the thing to my eyes.

Anyway, it's done and I opted to add a few stencils to liven it up and changed its serial number. The decals are for A-42 and I think that is the only Spectrum helicopter that appears in any episode of Captain Scarlet but I could be wrong.  In any case, A-42 gets destroyed. So I numbered mine S-21 and will say it is a VIP transport and hence the tinted glass!    

The motor does power the rotor.  So I may play around with that one day to see if I can get any 'action' shots.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Comments and criticisms welcomed.

David

• Like 22

"....they smash him and his body may burn....."  

Recently watched the 1959 toho studios "battle in outer space " which is fantastic and very Captain Scarlet (seriously Derek Meddling 's or Gerry must have seen its ....slow alien voices taking over humans ....the almost identical alien moonbase in a crater. ..)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on turning out a beautiful rendition of the tv shows vehicle. I think it looks great. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Spectrum is definitely green on this one!  :clap2::clap2:

I have been a massive Captain Scarlett fan since my boyhood.

Wish there was a decent kit (at a decent price) of the SPV.

It would make up for the fact I could never afford the Dinky version.  😕

• Thanks 1