Arma Hobby 1/72 FM-2 Wildcat

1 minute ago, 2996 Victor said:

Incredibly - a "wow!" moment, a bit like having a revelation, if you'll pardon the expression. In fact, in need to get some ordinary Mr Thinner and save the levelling version!!!

Cheers,

Mark

Luckily I have some of that. It was ordered by mistake thinking it was the levelling stuff.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

I got some time today to spray some primer.

2nTgQ5w.jpg

xfMkIO4.jpg

WK67Cxv.jpg

kqDSE6T.jpg

2VsMNg7.jpg

The Port wing root needs a little work but apart from that all seems good.

Whilst I had the airbrush out I primed some other bits.

0n4wPJr.jpg

mft0BIq.jpg

J6iitRf.jpg

2DoAuXK.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 16

I could not get my Canopy to fit, so mine is on the SOD for the moment. I bought it since it was cheap, and I like the Wildcat/Martlet. 

You seem to be doing an awesome job on yours!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Excellent progress Alistair,  looking great with the white flairs too, you should have posed one wing up high sort of 1oclock for a night fever pose!!!

Great work 

Chris

Thanks Chris,

In my case it would have been more your Robert Hays in Airplane! pose complete with ricochet.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Winnie said:

I could not get my Canopy to fit, so mine is on the SOD for the moment. I bought it since it was cheap, and I like the Wildcat/Martlet. 

You seem to be doing an awesome job on yours!

Thanks very much,

I couldn't get the canopy to fit either, hence the separate painting and it will be posed open.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Getting there Alistair, primer (the coat of truth) on, and just a litlle fettling to do.

Not bad.

Keep up the good work mate.

Simon.

Thanks Simon,

Gave it a smear of Mr. Dissolved Putty tonight and will smooth back with Mr. Thinner when it dries a bit and hopefully that will be it.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

A wee update.

Have been stuck at work for the last 5 days while they put new barriers in, Techs swarming all over the place.

Today I had some time so..

ujz2wFL.jpg

G0hzIlF.jpg

0qcY1FJ.jpg

WpjMKgI.jpg

UMcRV0U.jpg

Some other bits were given some colour.

F9cjmxX.jpg

ozGc5zp.jpg

F0raJuY.jpg

N7PubAF.jpg

LV6kBYA.jpg

The Propeller tips have been redone as they looked ok until I saw the picture.

Paints used were: Colourcoats Sky Type S, Extra Dark Slate Grey, Extra Dark Sea Grey, FAA Yellow and Tamiya Flat Aluminium.

Back to work tomorrow so it might be a while before another episode.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Verrrrrry nice, Alistair! Great work!

Hope the barrier works are sorted successfully.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark.

The last 5 days have been busy with resignalling and testing that. The OD barriers won't be commissioned until next Weekend and luckily I'm on again.

Never ever take notice of my Lottery numbers. 😆

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

I've not had much chance to get much done as work has been hectic.

If anyone tries to sing the joys of MCB-OD Barriers then I may disagree. :wall:

I've got today off and am hoping to get a few wee touch ups done that I've spotted.

The wheels and prop will get painting finished.

Off Thursday and Friday so I'm hoping to get the transfers on then and we should be close to finishing.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 5

Looks great seeing yhe paint on , hope you are not too busy at work fella, can't you tell them there are lots of fellow modellers waiting for this to develop!!!

I have been inspired by your thread and have treated myself to a Wildcat kit, although it's the old Frog Mk IV kit.  I love the old Frog kits and have a few in the stash now. Thanks for your inspiration fella.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks great seeing yhe paint on , hope you are not too busy at work fella, can't you tell them there are lots of fellow modellers waiting for this to develop!!!

I have been inspired by your thread and have treated myself to a Wildcat kit, although it's the old Frog Mk IV kit.  I love the old Frog kits and have a few in the stash now. Thanks for your inspiration fella.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I'll look forward to your Frog Kit.

Especially looking forward to what you will do with it. Your skills amaze me.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Alistair that'sreally kind of you,  although I am just an average modeller . The ones that really amaze me are the ones who take some sheets of plastic and some bits and bobs and turn it into an amazing model.  I wish I could do that.   

I will have a look at the Wildcat soon possibly in the next FAA kits I do .  Got the Frog Sea Fury too I might cross kit that with a Special Hobby wing as it looks like it might fit or just go old school on it ???

Chris

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Very nice Alistair. Time for the washes?

Craig.

Thanks Craig.

I'll finish painting the tail wheel, give it another clear coat and then wash time.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Hi Alistair,

Just wanted to say that she's looking very swish in her Temperate Sea Scheme and full markings: you're doing a superb job! (I'm itching to start mine now, but I've just signed up for the Under a Tenner GB, so it'll have to wait!)

Looking forward to weathering.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Because you didn't have enough on the go already? It's not another Hurricane by any chance? 😄

Craig.

:rofl2: to be honest, I haven't decided, although its a definite contender.....

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oooooo this looks fantastic Alistair looking forward to the washes fella. Prop looks great too, nearly as many decals on that as there is on the main aircraft. 

Great job 

Chris

Thanks Chris,

The Instruction showed lots of stenciling for the US version but none for this one. I'm assuming they got painted over. That's my stroy anyway.

2 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Alistair,

Just wanted to say that she's looking very swish in her Temperate Sea Scheme and full markings: you're doing a superb job! (I'm itching to start mine now, but I've just signed up for the Under a Tenner GB, so it'll have to wait!)

Looking forward to weathering.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Not sure I'll get much done today as I'm nipping out for my first visit to Wonderland Models for over a year. I'm actually excited and feeling almost childlike to be going.

1 hour ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Because you didn't have enough on the go already? It's not another Hurricane by any chance? 😄

Craig.

57 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

:rofl2: to be honest, I haven't decided, although its a definite contender.....

Well why not another one. Someone has to show us how it should be done. 

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 4