Softest 2-part putty and Milliput differences

wavodavo

Hi all,

I just want ask what is the best 2-part putty that is the softest to work with as I have found some to tough when making a certain shape?

Plus, is there any difference when working with standard Milliput and the Super Fine milliput?

Dave

I found that Alteco’s Epo Putty is soft and malleable. It’s mainly sold by aquarium supply companies, it would seem. I bought some to use to make some very lo- tech resin castings. It comes in much the same way Milliput does and is mixed the same way. I found it much easier to push into my rudimentary moulds due to it being softer.

Once dry, it’s much more like a polyurethane resin than it is like Milliput, but I’ve also used it for the same purposes and it worked well for me.

It’s more expensive though.

• Like 1

I find superfine Milliput softer and easier to work than the standard. Saying that my superfine is a bit younger.

However both parts of the superfine are white as one of its key uses is to mend porcelain so they recommend you work it for twice as long, presumably so you can be sure that it's properly mixed. 

It also doesn't mend chipped kitchen sinks quite as well as one promised the wife it would.....

• Like 1