You know you've got it bad....

Bozothenutter

Any idea how many times I've seen pictures put up here that have some weird contraption in the background that is just as interesting as the intended subject and then the same thing happens to my mouse? *klicketyklick*

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Any idea how many times I've seen pictures put up here that have some weird contraption in the background that is just as interesting as the intended subject and then the same thing happens to my mouse? *klicketyklick*

Officially (har har) my focus is fighterish things in 1/48.  As I've been crunching Squadron ORBs I've seen countless references to squadrons moving with the assistance of Harrows (and/or "Sparrows").  So for months now I've been itching to pull the trigger on a Valom (?) 72nd Sparrow...

• Haha 1

Mosquitoes.  The more I research, the more I find I want to do. And I don't mean the famous well known ones. What's grabbing me are one line mentions in second line units with no photos.

618 Squadron and other potential users for Highball (305 and then 139 were mooted before Bomber Command chucked their toys from the pram and handed it to Coastal) are my current binge.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Richard E said:

I think we may need to set up a support group, a large part of my stash has its origins in a photograph and/or article found in Air Forces Monthly magazine ....

This, we seem to excel in finding stuff that's impossible to find stuff about....secretly we're masochistic research junkies.....😉

Mmmm, I think you've given me another name for a band...  I'm picturing sort-of a NEW new wave/ DEVO reboot.  Lazy people might refer to them as "MRJ", but that sounds too much like a hip-hop artist.

One other decision-making factor when it comes to (at least hypothetical) model projects:

1. Ooh, that one looks nifty.
  2. Hmm, it is a sub-variant (or individual) that is different from "normal" and will require modifications
  3. Don't know if decals are available
  4. Oh yeah, that's the one I gotta do!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gingerbob said:

Mmmm, I think you've given me another name for a band...  I'm picturing sort-of a NEW new wave/ DEVO reboot.  Lazy people might refer to them as "MRJ", but that sounds too much like a hip-hop artist.

One other decision-making factor when it comes to (at least hypothetical) model projects:

1. Ooh, that one looks nifty.
  2. Hmm, it is a sub-variant (or individual) that is different from "normal" and will require modifications
  3. Don't know if decals are available
  4. Oh yeah, that's the one I gotta do!

You have summed up my thought process exactly!